Patriots throwbacks

SPORTSDOCTOR

The throwbacks the Patriots are wearing aren't correct.

That helmet they have been wearing is not the helmet they wore in 1960.

Why are they excluded from wearing their original head wear?

If this has been covered before and addressed - my apologies.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure that all the AFL teams got to choose a year to throw back to, as long as it was during the AFL era.

Yea, I think that's right.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The Patriots are not "throwing back" to 1960, but 1963.

Really?

How come everyone else has to throw back to 1960 except them?

This kind of flies in the face of the 50th year AFL thingie - no?

The Chargers are wearing '63 unis as well. Their helmet & jersey bolts were blue in '60. They also did not wear powder blue until something like 1968 so their throwback blue is inaccurate but that debate has already been held.

Chargers_Uni_1960.gif

51249_chargers_raiders_football.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I think they said that the pats chose that 80's logo because it was more fan friendly or more appealing or something like that.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

It's a travesty I tell you all.

A travesty.

Join me on the radio tomorrow.

I'll make sure to mention we all spoke about this issue.

The travesty I mean.

Another sports talker in our midst? What station are you on? What day part? Can I hear you on the internet?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

The point of the AFL Legacy games isn't to throw back to 1960, but to celebrate the AFL. They're doing this because it is the AFL's 50th Anniversary, using that as a pretext to honor the league. By allowing the teams to select uniforms from different years of the AFL, it gives a more colorful celebration of that league, IMO.

spikes.jpg

I'm pretty sure that all the AFL teams got to choose a year to throw back to, as long as it was during the AFL era.

That is correct. The Bills uniforms of 1960 were blue and sliver and had the numbers on the helmets. Thankfully Ralph only modeled the franchise after the Lions for one year.

n0fd1z6xmhigb0eej3323ebwq.gifi40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.gif

That is correct. The Bills uniforms of 1960 were blue and sliver and had the numbers on the helmets. Thankfully Ralph only modeled the franchise after the Lions for one year.

Not that that's helped the Bills win any more Super Bowls than Detroit.

Archived