Let The Playoffs Begin

Pat

New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Islanders in 7 (Remember where you heard this...)

You mean here....

eastern conference

1-Tampa Bay vs 8 New York Islanders

Islanders in 6... the Lightning are a great team, and if they were facing almost any other team i'd give them the nod... but they have had serious problems with the Islanders this season, including two losses to them in March

Long before your post? ;):)

Well, yes... in some way that defies the laws of physics, i did say it first, so.... pfft!

:)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

BEHOLD! My predictions...

1st Round:

Lightning vs Islanders - Tampa Bay in 5

The Islanders have had the edge recently, but I don't think it'll be enough to beat them in a series.

Bruins vs Canadiens - Montreal in 7

When they faced eachother two yars ago, Boston was better & the Habs were worse. Yet the Habs won the series.

Flyers vs Devils - New Jersey in 6

It'll come down to the goalies, where one team has a solid one, and the other has a shaky two.

Maple Leafs vs Senators - Toronto in 5

The Sens will be beaten up by the time the series even goes to Ottawa. Belfour will carry the team though.

Red Wings vs Predators - Detroit in 6

The goalie situation & being injury prone will hurt the Wings. Nashville will give Detroit a run for their money.

Sharks vs Blues - San Jose in 4

San Jose is great. St. Louis is good. Good just doesn't cut it in the NHL Playoffs as the Blues hit the golf courses early.

Canucks vs Flames - Vancouver in 7

People are already pegging Kiprusoff as the next Giguere. He'll be good, but the Canucks will still be too much.

Avalanche vs Stars - Dallas in 6

The Avs even had Division Champs T-Shirts made for them, but along with that dissapointment will be their early exit.

2nd Round:

Lightning vs Canadiens - Tampa Bay in 5

The amazing Lightning offence will be too good for Theodore to carry the Habs any further.

Maple Leafs vs Devils - Toronto in 7

The best series of the whole playoffs. Two great teams collide with the Leafs barely surviving the war.

Red Wings vs Stars - Dallas in 7

After a shaky first round, Legace will have the bigger battle against Cujo. Neither one helps the team.

Sharks vs Canucks - Vancouver in 7

It'll be the Shark's youth and inexperience that will be the Achilles heel in a great series.

3rd Round

Lightning vs Maple Leafs - Toronto in 6

It'll all come down to experience. Nolan's healthy return will be the edge as Toronto finally makes the Cup Finals again.

Canucks vs Stars - Vancouver in 7

The Canucks shock America when they come from behind to represent the West in an all-Canadian Stanley Cup Final.

Stanley Cup Finals

Maple Leafs vs Canucks - Toronto in 6

The Leafs depth will be the overall factor, as Canucks fans wonder what could have been if they just had Bertuzzi.

I seriously think that the Leafs will win, despite my fan bias. Thier series with New Jersey though will really be a test for them. I know the Devils have always had their number in past years, but streaks are meant to be broken, eh? :hockeysmiley:

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived