NBA Throwbacks from 1993-94

Discogod

So way back in the 1992-93 and (possibly) 1993-94 seasons, several NBA teams wore throwback uniforms. I've never seen any info about this on the web, but I have some basketball cards (1995 Upper Deck CC) that show the Nuggets & Pacers in ABA unis , and I know that the Sixers and Warriors also wore throwbacks. Then today I came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VyA5Munmi8

Anyone know why these teams wore throwbacks, and if any other teams participated? I'm not 100% sure on the dates - they were definately worn in 1992-93, but I'm not sure about the following season.

Just seems odd that there's nothing on this (then again, it's the NBA so maybe not).

So way back in the 1992-93 and (possibly) 1993-94 seasons, several NBA teams wore throwback uniforms. I've never seen any info about this on the web, but I have some basketball cards (1995 Upper Deck CC) that show the Nuggets & Pacers in ABA unis , and I know that the Sixers and Warriors also wore throwbacks. Then today I came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VyA5Munmi8

Anyone know why these teams wore throwbacks, and if any other teams participated? I'm not 100% sure on the dates - they were definately worn in 1992-93, but I'm not sure about the following season.

Just seems odd that there's nothing on this (then again, it's the NBA so maybe not).

I don't recall the reason for it, but I seem to remember both Denver and Philadelphia's jerseys being worn during the preseason only.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived