Political Hockey Concepts

IceCap

I started this up years ago (I think during the 2006 election that saw the Tories win a minority, the first Conservative government in 13 years at the time). Today I found them buried in an old concept folder and decided that they could all use a re-do. So here they are, listed according to the number of seats they currently (11/6/09) hold in the House of Commons.

Forming Her Majesty's Canadian Government with 143 seats, the Conservative Party of Canada...

ConservativeParty-1.png

The Buffalo Sabres template was used as I felt the sleeve design accurately mirrored the design of the Tory logo. The 03 references the date that the current incarnation of the Conservative Party was formed, December 7, 2003.

Forming Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition with 77 seats, the Liberal Party of Canada...

LiberalParty.png

Boston provided the template here. Basically I was going for a very simple, traditional set to coincide with the new, vintage looking, party logo. The Grits' secondary "L" emblem serves as the alternate. The 67 references the traditional founding date of the party, the day of Confederation, July 1, 1867.

The Third Party with 47 seats, representing the interests of la belle province, the Bloc Québécois...

BlocQubcois-1.png

I used Carolina's alternate as the template but replaced the storm warning flags with fleur-de-lis. I used the Senators' font as I feel it matches the Bloc's logo pretty well. 91 refrences the party's founding date, June 15, 1991.

The Fourth Party with 36 seats, carrying the flame of Tommy Douglas and the CCF, the New Democratic Party...

NewDemocratParty-1.png

I choose the Montréal All-Star template as a tongue-in-cheek joke about the NDP's left wing politics, but also because I feel if there's any party that could mix it up design wise it would be the NDP. 61 references the party's founding date, June 17, 1961.

So there you have it. C&C welcome as always.

ps- I'll do the Greens once they manage to get a seat :P

Brilliant work, 'Cap! Have you given any thought to doing any of the other registered Canadian political parties?

http://www.elections.ca/content.asp?section=pol&document=index&dir=par〈=e

I, for one, would like to see what you would do with the NeoRhino party, with a retro jersey done for their predecessors the Rhinoceros Party!

I can haz sig?

I'd like to see what you could do with the Marijuana Party.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Forming Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition with 77 seats, the Liberal Party of Canada...

LiberalParty.png

Boston provided the template here. Basically I was going for a very simple, traditional set to coincide with the new, vintage looking, party logo. The Grits' secondary "L" emblem serves as the alternate. The 67 references the traditional founding date of the party, the day of Confederation, July 1, 1867.

I think it's cool that you were attempting to match the jersey with the logo in that both seem fairly traditional. However, I also think it's funny that the 'Liberal' party has very conservative uniforms :D

ps- I'll do the Greens once they manage to get a seat :P

So I had originally decided I would only do parties with seats in the House of Commons, but a few people have requested minor parties, so the Greens, Rhinos, and Marijuana Party will all get their due.

Plus, if I turn this into a broader concept I want to be able to do more then two concepts for the United States. So broadening the scope of who gets a concept makes sense there. The Greens, Rhinos, and Marijuana Party concepts are coming, and that will wrap up Canada.

I think it's cool that you were attempting to match the jersey with the logo in that both seem fairly traditional. However, I also think it's funny that the 'Liberal' party has very conservative uniforms :D

True, and the same can be said for the logos. The Tories actually have a more "liberal" logo, while the Grits have a very traditional "conservative" logo. Weird.

Of course, and I say this as a Liberal Party member, the uniforms and the new logo I based them off of match Iggy's leadership perfectly, bland and uninspiring (I WANT DION BACK :cry: ).

The Green Party...

GreenParty.png

I've had an idea like this for a two-colour (white and then one team colour) scheme for some time, and this was the opportunity to "test drive" it. I was worried that perhaps the green on green and white on white numbers wouldn't work, but I figured 1) this is a concept and 2) these aren't even for actual hockey teams, so I decided to go ahead with it. 83 references the year 1983, the year the party was founded.

Archived