NFL Week 10 Preview

NJTank

Last week the Buccaneers finally got off the snide with an upset of the Packers at home, wearing their old school creamsickle jerseys.

"snide" is an adjective, meaning false, counterfeit, or dishonest.

The term which you want to relate to us is "off the schneid". "Schneid" is actually short for "Schneider," a term originally used in the card game of gin, meaning to prevent an opponent from scoring any points. It entered the vocabulary of gin from German (probably via Yiddish), where it means "tailor." Apparently the original sense was that if you were "schneidered" in gin you were "cut" (as if by a tailor) from contention in the game.

1- SAN defense generally does not come out hot like the PHL offense. PHL will win.

2- DAL has been putting much more presser on the QB lately and has gotten better performance from Jenkins, Scandrick, and Hamlin. It all may fall down to how GB can handle Romo in the S11 and the 12 set, DAL most used formations.

I tell you one thing about the Lions, they have usually been able to score, so whilst around 41 might be right for the Vikes, the Lions might well be able to put up about 20 points. Other than that I think I would take the Colts over the Patriots, though I think we will learn a lot about both teams and there post season hopes in that game. I think the Cowboys should be the Packers, I have a feeling thats a bit of a shot in the dark you've made there. Hoping for a 'stinker' from a team that have played pretty well recently doesn't seem a sound reason to make a prediction!!

I'll let you pick the Dolphins this week mind, if they can't win over the Buccs, then they might as well pack up and go home now!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I tell you one thing about the Lions, they have usually been able to score, so whilst around 41 might be right for the Vikes, the Lions might well be able to put up about 20 points. Other than that I think I would take the Colts over the Patriots, though I think we will learn a lot about both teams and there post season hopes in that game. I think the Cowboys should be the Packers, I have a feeling thats a bit of a shot in the dark you've made there. Hoping for a 'stinker' from a team that have played pretty well recently doesn't seem a sound reason to make a prediction!!

I'll let you pick the Dolphins this week mind, if they can't win over the Buccs, then they might as well pack up and go home now!

I agree the Lions offense is not awful, but the Vikings Defense is pretty good.

The Cowboys-Packers game is a gut feeling game.

Take a look at the Colts injury report, if everyone was healthy they would beat the Pats easily, but too many injuries.

and you are fight Dolphins are done if they can't beat Tampa.

Thanks for the schneid correction I will remeber it down the road, I just used what Spell Check told me was right.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Turns out that you were right about those Cowboys Tank!!! Good hunch!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

They start to believe they're as good as their fans and the talking heads say they are...classic sign that the team has no leadership and is poorly coached.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

They start to believe they're as good as their fans and the talking heads say they are...classic sign that the team has no leadership and is poorly coached.

Exactly

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

How bad does it have to get for the Cowboys for Wade Phillips to get the boot then?

I dont know how he surrives if the Cowboys dont win a playoff game.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Especially with Shanahan out there. There was a ton of talk about Jerry bringing in Shanahan last year. I'm not sure where the rumor originated, but it was all over the place.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Is Shanahan the kind of guy the Cowboys need though? If I were him, especially given my experiences with the Raiders early in my career I would stay well away from the Cowboys, personally. I think the Cowboys could do with a tougher kind of coach as well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived