NBA -- New Uniform #'s for 2009-10 season

jhans203

Jorge Garbajosa wore #15 in Toronto after Vince Carter, but with some more years in perspective, yes, maybe the Raptors will retire his number. My poll on current players whose jersey will be 100% sure retired when they finish off their careers.

Atlanta: None

Boston: #34 Paul Pierce, Garnett, Allen & Rondo could join him but it's not easy.

Charlotte: None

Chigago: None

Cleveland: #23- Lebron James

Dallas: #41- Dirk Nowitzki

Denver: None, but Melo is going to be on that list

Detroit: #1- Chauncey Billups, #32- Richard Hamilton. Not sure about Prince or the Wallace "brothers".

Golden State: None

Houston: None

Indiana: None

Los Angeles Clippers: None

Los Angeles Lakers: #34- Shaquille O'neal, #8/#24- Kobe Bryant. I will retire both. What about Fisher? 4 NBA titles, and a very important secondary role on the team.

Memphis Grizzlies: None

Miami Heat: #3- Dwyane Wade

Milwaukee Bucks: None

Minnesota Timberwolves: #21- Kevin Garnett

New Jersey Nets: #5- Jason Kidd

New Orleans Hornets: None, but if he stays Chris Paul is very closer to lock it.

New York Knicks: None.

Oklahoma City Thunder: None.

Orlando Magic: If not a lock, Dwight Howard is not far from becoming one.

Philadelphia 76ers: #3- Allen Iverson

Phoenix Suns: #13- Steve Nash.

Portland Trail Blazers: None

Sacramento Kings: None

San Antonio Spurs: #21- Tim Duncan, #9- Tony Parker, #20- Manu Ginobili

Toronto Raptors: ¿#15- Vince Carter?

Utah Jazz: None

Washington Wizards: None

I have a feeling Shaq will be retired in Orlando. He did a lot for the franchise in its infant years. I would also like it if the Charlotte Bobcats or New Orleans Hornets (not sure who should do that) retired Larry Johnson's number. Is Dennis Rodman's number 10 retired in Detroit? If not it should be.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

You can add Brandon Roy's #7 to the list for Portland. 2 all-star games, 1 Rookie of the year, and leading the team from the dark ages back to the play-offs is more than you can say for the resumes of most of Portland's retired #'s.

If he sticks around through the length of his recent contract extension (and he should), it will be a no brainer.

Archived