Wallpaper for project

drmusicboy

So I am currently in a Photoshop class, and I had to design a wallpaper for the Colts. The assignment had us HAVE to use Tony Dungy (yes I know he is not the coach) and 5 other players (yes I know Harrison doesn't play), the Lombardi Trophy, and the Colts Logo, and the players names. The basics behind the project was to make sure we could mask the players to look good, and arrange it all.

I wanted to see what people thought of this and if there were any suggestions to improve it before I turned it in. I am sure this is far from the best stuff seen here on this site, but for the project I think its successful with everything we had to include.

Thanks.

Image Removed

Updated this with some player shadows, and a flipped Tony. I tweaked one side of the logo to be over the top of the trophy, and added a bit of texture to the gray area of the design too. Does this look improved, or worse? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks.

Image Removed

my recommendations...

1. change the logo to the way you had it, behind the trophy but make it larger

2. choose a different font for the names. i recommend Playbill. make sure the last names are larger size than the first

3. make the players closer to the front larger, Dungy and P-Money should be the largest, and Marv & Wayne the smallest

4. make the grey part a concrete wall texture. check cgtextures.com

you've done a very nice job on what you have, but a few changes will go a long way

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

my recommendations...

1. change the logo to the way you had it, behind the trophy but make it larger

2. choose a different font for the names. i recommend Playbill. make sure the last names are larger size than the first

3. make the players closer to the front larger, Dungy and P-Money should be the largest, and Marv & Wayne the smallest

4. make the grey part a concrete wall texture. check cgtextures.com

you've done a very nice job on what you have, but a few changes will go a long way

All your suggestions sounded nice, so here is all of them to look at. Thoughts?

Image Removed

1) What I like to do with player names, when displaying them as you have here, is use a minimal font in a smaller size for the first name. For example (I don't have Playbill, so I use a basic block; the "Peyton" font is Blue Highway):

manning-sample.png

2) Also, did you try using blue to outline the last names (also in the above sample) - it will help separate the white text from the gray background.

3) If you're going with the concrete texture in the gray area, you might want to desaturate it, or lower the opacity. There are some browns in the texture that don't blend with the existing colour scheme. Did you try just using the solid gray? Or even solid white? I'm a bit of a minimalist, so I would shy away from using three different patterns/textures within one wallpaper; but that's a matter of personal taste.

It's looking good - best of luck with the assignment.

1) What I like to do with player names, when displaying them as you have here, is use a minimal font in a smaller size for the first name. For example (I don't have Playbill, so I use a basic block; the "Peyton" font is Blue Highway):

manning-sample.png

2) Also, did you try using blue to outline the last names (also in the above sample) - it will help separate the white text from the gray background.

3) If you're going with the concrete texture in the gray area, you might want to desaturate it, or lower the opacity. There are some browns in the texture that don't blend with the existing colour scheme. Did you try just using the solid gray? Or even solid white? I'm a bit of a minimalist, so I would shy away from using three different patterns/textures within one wallpaper; but that's a matter of personal taste.

It's looking good - best of luck with the assignment.

Good point on the concrete....I now desaturated it. I also liked your suggestion of the blue outline around the white name to help it stand out more too. I think I am at a point where I am completely happy with it, so I am going to turn it in and see what comes from it as I could sit here for days tweaking it more. I feel that I achieved everything that was asked for this project, so time to move onto another assignment.

Thanks all.

Archived