Elite Ice Hockey Leage (UK)

Hathaway Browne

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another update - this time a twofer, these two are what I believe to be the weakest of them all so I thought I'd get them out of the way and done with.

First up, the Hull Stingrays, a franchise that has had many names since its inception in 1988.

4167446880_3abf879e47_o.png

and, the first of our promotion from the English Premier League, the Guildford Flames.

4166686851_6bc4109050_o.png

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

My worry with the Stingrays set is that the grey is very pale, at least on my screen, really not a whole lot different from the white. I'd like to see that with a darker grey used. (For those confused by the alternate, Kingston-upon-Hull is the official name for the city of Hull.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Off we go again, this time back up to Scotland and the oldest hockey team in the United Kingdom, the Fife Flyers, who first iced in 1938. Currently playing in the Northern Premier League I thought they should be part of the EIHL if not only for their history.

When I started this set I contemplated a new logo, but the more I looked at the logo I realised its probably one of those logos that has stood the test of time and doesn't need changing. So here we go..

4166686611_95d8b2972a_o.png

As always, all comments are welcome.<br>And for the record, as with all logos posted so far, both these are currently in use by the team.<br>

^Do you mean on the logo or the jersey?

The logo itself. Instead of that awful teal/aqua color it should be substituted for a dark gray.

Well they have switched to a grey logo...

http://upload.wikime...ld-steelers.jpg

.. but I don't think its a patch on the old logo.

All of a sudden now I'm thinking a re-colour is in order.

It would also be cool if the head of the hockey stick had some smoke coming off of it!

Nice idea.

^Do you mean on the logo or the jersey?

The logo itself. Instead of that awful teal/aqua color it should be substituted for a dark gray.

Well they have switched to a grey logo...

http://upload.wikime...ld-steelers.jpg

.. but I don't think its a patch on the old logo.

All of a sudden now I'm thinking a re-colour is in order.

It would also be cool if the head of the hockey stick had some smoke coming off of it!

Nice idea.

Hmm, I still like the teal/aqua and yellow logo better, if they could have just changed the teal/aqua to a dark gray, add some smoke, and change the ?Steelers? font on the steel beam. Perhaps they could?ve just used the new font they have now. thicon_biggrin.gif

Sheffield_Steelers_Comparison.png

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived