Wisconsin Badgers

MiK

Tend to be a browser rather than a poster but this entire Badger football season, i've been bothered by Wisconsin's uniforms. The striping on the sides and the "W" basically on the players necks in particular.

UW needs something clean and classic-looking, keeping the double striping they've used for a while. What I had in mind was the double stripe over the shoulders with the TV numbers on the sides instead of forcing both together...turns out that's exactly what the Colts have been sporting for...ever. So nothing close to groundbreaking here just a tweak and push towards the 'modern classic' look.

Home

WiscoHome.png

So for the home set i went with the bloody badgers look. I think it adds a much needed separation from Nebraska and I really liked them in person last year.

Away

WiscoAway.png

I also think the all white aways are timeless so no major changes.

I kept both W's on the front chest and left hip of the pants (the W above the nameplate now is completely unnecessary). I'm thinking one is good enough but left them both on there for your viewing pleasures. There you have it. Nothing exciting but something much needed.

Oh afterthought, i also removed any shadow from the motion W on the helmet and patches. I think it looks more sophisticated without the black.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Those home sets look way too much like the Arizona Cardinals: The Dark Ages. Well, that's not that specific, is it. How about 2003-2004, then. I get that you don't want them to look like Nebraska, but white pants would look a whole lot better. Red socks, too. Why don't college players wear socks? They look like a bunch of slobs without socks. Give them socks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like it. I've long wanted to see colts stripes (especially now with the little = signs they have). I think the helmet stripes should be a bit wider.

The question for me is whether I prefer the black drop shadow on the W. Because it's always been there, it looks a bit odd without it. But I think after getting used to it, I'd like it like this. Black's not part of the scheme, so this is the way they should go.

My only complaint is that you should swap pants. no mono and no white/white.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived