Red Mallards

Ben Schwartz

The concept is interesting, but you're still going to catch major flak from guys like Davidson who are professionals and can recognize that you worked without a reference photo. The sweater design seems more suited for a jungle cat, though the scratch marks are an interesting touch. Seeing what Nike did with the olympic sweaters makes that more a possibility too. Also, the bird head logo is a bit too big on the sweater itself. You also have to do some major correction with the flying bird logo. If it's a duck, that just doesn't make any sense and the line work on the head doesn't match up with the rest of the body.

It's a decent start on the sweater design, but your logo still needs a lot of work. You need to make it smoother and more accurate

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

The concept is interesting, but you're still going to catch major flak from guys like Davidson who are professionals and can recognize that you worked without a reference photo. The sweater design seems more suited for a jungle cat, though the scratch marks are an interesting touch. Seeing what Nike did with the olympic sweaters makes that more a possibility too. Also, the bird head logo is a bit too big on the sweater itself. You also have to do some major correction with the flying bird logo. If it's a duck, that just doesn't make any sense and the line work on the head doesn't match up with the rest of the body.

It's a decent start on the sweater design, but your logo still needs a lot of work. You need to make it smoother and more accurate

The idea with the sleeves was to copy the underside of the wings but I get what you're saying.

This is the pic I used as reference btw:

FlyingDuckLarge.jpg

doctorwhozimmermansmall.pngeastdillon.png

walt.png

the head looks more like a luchador mask than a mallard. i think the problem lies within the eyes of the mallard. they look very unrealstic, and more like anime eyes. also, the color on his head looks very racing stripe-esque, try making the black more natural. DO look at refrence photos, and sketch sketch sketch! i like the bill, but it could use some nose holes, and the overall shape of the head is kind of simple, not very animated. if you took a silhouette of the logo, it would look very bland.

i really like this idea for a hockey team especially, but i think it still needs more work. not sure if black is the best secondary color, either. maybe a gold?

Picture21.png

after looking at the photo you posted I understand why you did the wings the way you did but in your logo the wings are not coming across as being bent back. the black shadow on the bottom of the wings on yours is only on the very bottom part of the wing when in the picture the majority of the wings are shadows, other than the horizontal line on the very top. you should make most of the wings black or use more than one picture as a reference. it doesnt hurt to have many many pictures for reference.

Archived