The New York Jets

rentz

A couple observations:

1. I'm not fond of how the shoulder stripe barely touches the contrasting sleeve. I find that it's awkward and it pinches the design. Plus it doesn't quite match the other striping, which shows a clear coming together of the green lines. I would edit the shoulder to this end.

2. I'm not sold on the jet logo. Not because of any 9/11 associations, but because the best NFL logos (if not most) rely on a certain degree of abstraction. I think the wordmark logo achieves the desired affect much better.

3. On the monogram, I don't care for the lowercase Y. It seems like the Giants have a stranglehold on that typographic nuance and I think you could do some interesting things with an uppercase Y.

4. The alternate just doesn't do it for me. It takes all the motion of the wordmark and confines it within an oval. If you decide to keep/rework it, may I suggest breaking the shape of the oval for more visual interest?

5. Your type work has some awkward parts, like how the stroke of the J is thinner at the top, and the stem of the T is thicker than the other letters. Customized type is tricky, but I think you can do better.

Overall, I like the direction, but this needs some cleaning up. Keep working at it!

its a good logo, but do you not reckon the jets might want to steer clear of a commercial airline jet as a symbol of the city given certain past events.

Nope. Maybe eight years ago that was the case, but even then I'm not sure.

there isnt a marketing dept in the world that would put an airliner on an ny helmet.

Well, except maybe the geniuses in the White House and their flyover photo op...

I agree...the airliner doesn't work well regardless of history. A commercial plane for a sports logo will never be intimidating. A military jet, yes.

A think the current logo done in white with black outline on a Kelly Green helmet would be the best way to change the uniforms. Kelly Green needs to return regardless of the logo.

87Redskins.png

Archived