Infrared41's Who Am I? #3

infrared41

1. I'm 5th in all-time in yards at my position at my alma mater.

2. In my junior year we knocked off the #1 team in college football. A young Infrared41 was not at all happy about it.

3. I played in two Super Bowls. Dynasties were involved in both games. I played for one and against one.

4. I was the first player ever to lead two separate Super Bowl teams in the same statistical category.

5. The good news: my son played the same position I did and he also played college football. The bad news: my son ended up playing at my alma mater's arch-rival.

6. Despite the fact that I am not from there, I played my entire college and NFL career on teams from the same state.

Who Am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Just throwing this as an absolutely dumb guess, Wendell Tyler.

The rest of you can look for the real answer.

Your absolutely dumb guess was a pretty good one.

WillMorris wins...well nothing. Wendell Tyler is correct.

5th all time leading rusher at UCLA.

His Bruins beat #1 Ohio State in the Rose Bowl after the '75 season. (And I wasn't happy about it.)

Tyler played for The Rams in the '79 Super Bowl against The Steelers and for The 49ers in the '84 Super Bowl against The Dolphins. He was his team's leading rusher in both games. 60 against Pittsburgh and 65 against Miami.

His son Marc Tyler played at USC.

Wendell Tyler is from Louisiana but played his entire college and NFL career in California.

0824_mid.jpgdisplay_image.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Just throwing this as an absolutely dumb guess, Wendell Tyler.

The rest of you can look for the real answer.

Your absolutely dumb guess was a pretty good one.

WillMorris wins...well nothing. Wendell Tyler is correct.

Holy crap.

That was also probably the fastest someone came up with the correct answer. Nice job.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived