What fonts do you use in your projects?

djsamurai37

I'm not oblivious to font download sites, but I want to know which sites you guys prefer and which fonts you use the most in projects, logos or otherwise. On top of that, how often have you found fonts that at least closely resemble specific team scripts?

P.S. - If the mods feel this belongs in the request forum, I apologize.

seadogs.png

Do you have Marv Albert in a can?

I use dafont.com the most...tons of fonts and well organized.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

dafonts.com

fontsquirrel.com

myfonts.com

i also have a load of design blogs that will offer links to free fonts on the regular. my favorite is smashingmagazine.com

as for my favorite fonts, i always use whats best for each design, even if it means doing it by hand or customizing an existing one. still i do have my pool of favorites: Clarendon, AKAchen, helvetica, chunkfive, acknowledgment, and Georgia

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm with Chuck...you have to be really careful with the free fonts. Most of them just plain suck out loud, not all, but most. I agree with the Font Squirrel recommendation. They seem to have high quality freebies. Also Smashing Magazine will release a list of freebies . Also www.josbuivenga.demon.nl has some nice freebies, too. They're out there, but difficult to find. Plus, you always need check to see if a freebie is licensed for commercial use.

I know people don't want to pay for fonts (or design work, or anything else), but if you take design seriously, at some point you'll have to pony up some ducats for the absolute best/only thing that fits for a particular project. At least you know they are licensed for commercial use.

Here's another link to some stuff with links to other stuff, that will undoubtedly link you to even more stuff. Happy hunting!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived