Tiger to return at Bay Hill?

Top Shelf

More signs are pointing to Tiger Woods' return to golf in two weeks, at the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill in Orlando, according to a report in the New York Post.

Two golf sources said former presidential press secretary Ari Fleischer, who helped craft Mark McGwire's return to baseball from his self-imposed exile following allegations of steroid use, has been working with Woods to chart a course for Woods' return to professional golf, the newspaper reported. Woods has been on an indefinite leave from the game following admissions of marital infidelity late last year.

"[Woods and Fleischer] were in his living room this week going over a strategy for how to handle Bay Hill in two weeks," one source said, according to the report.

A second source said, "I would be shocked if he didn't play the Arnold Palmer," according to the Post.

Woods has won the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill six times, claiming four straight titles from 2000 through 2003 and two more in 2008-09.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4985380

IeHVybT.png

I read about this on the AJC as well, so I'm guessing that since the word is spreading to actual newspapers & ESPN, then this must be true.

I'm guessing that the PGA is having a ball right now.

If he comes back in a couple weeks, the PGA Tour will be happy. Keep in mind that starting last week with The Honda Classic until The Open Championship (aka British Open) on July 18, all tournaments will have weekend coverage on either NBC, CBS, or ABC. That is where they are concerned.

Tiger generally just played San Diego, Pebble and Match Play early on (sometimes Phoenix). They have had ten tournaments before today, and he normally played only three or four of them. Heck, this year even Phoenix was only aired on The Golf Channel.

Archived