Internet Fail: "Donavon Mcnabb" traded to 49ers

MattF

It is not failure, rather it is duping legit media sites (or not so legit like: deadspin, SportsbyBrooks) who will jump on nearly anything in order to be first. If other people are taking about it and it gets here, it is not a failure. It was possible piracy and definitely unethical, but not a failure since it got you to make a thread 24 hours after this fraudulent rumor (for now) was discovered. Prankers prank to have it hit other media outlets. You got duped as well.

It is not failure, rather it is duping legit media sites (or not so legit like: deadspin, SportsbyBrooks) who will jump on nearly anything in order to be first. If other people are taking about it and it gets here, it is not a failure. It was possible piracy and definitely unethical, but not a failure since it got you to make a thread 24 hours after this fraudulent rumor (for now) was discovered. Prankers prank to have it hit other media outlets. You got duped as well.

Ummm, please explain how I got duped by posting a link to an article making fun of the "ESPN article"

Ummm, please explain how I got duped by posting a link to an article making fun of the "ESPN article"

It is not a fail. People here possess issues with grammar, but still there were sites who thought this was legit. If media outlets carry it, then the bit does not fail.

First off you didn't answer my question, and most sites I've seen have been making fun of it

In terms of your initial question, I failed to respond since your lack of clarity on the essence of a 24 hour old 'fake' story was presented.

Either you were (like many...admit it) duped, indicting the immediacy of today's news culture. or are trying to dupe lesser person by using the "internet fail" term since it is sadly popular on this board. This story ran within the internet news cycle and was caught.

Overall, me and you are talking on this board about it, so the creators of the rumor are not failures.

Archived