Jersey Sizes...

hjwii

Tell me if you;re having this problem as well... or an I just a weirdo...

I've been collecting jerseys since I was 15, so for about *cough*mumble*30*cough* years...

Hockey jerseys were always a size 50 or large; baseball jerseys were always size 48. I like my jerseys large, and I have not changed much physically since college (6', 210 lbs).

But, now in the last few years, I find jerseys come in a variety of sizes, despite the size on the tag. Example: I have a 2001 Brewers jersey, made by Majestic, size 48 that fits me perfectly; but my 2008 Indians jersey is cut smaller, despite being a size 48 as well. Example 2: I have a Nike Germany hockey jersey from the 2006 Olympic, size L, which fits me well. So, when I decided to buy a USA jersey this year, I ordered a large, but it too was far too small. So, I returned it for an XXL, but now it's too large (but hockey jerseys are meant to be worn large; well, until Reebok decided that there was too much drag on the old 'bell' jerseys).

Living in the boonies of Louisiana, it's very difficult to find someplace local to buy jerseys and try them on; and even then, rarely do they carry authentics (unless I want a Saints or Hornets jersey... or LSU :puke: ), so I am at the mercy of mail order. But, then that mean I cannot get them customized at the same time as I order, which is just an extra expense and headache for me.

So, tell me, am I the only one with this problem? Or is there really no standard sizing, and the manufacturers are just randomly putting tags on their jerseys?

The sizing changes over time and by manufacturer. Especially soccer jerseys. Nike jerseys went tight then loose and Umbro I always order a size up. For a while I ordered adidas kits a size small since the neckline was cut so low so you never know. And I think a size 44 in baseball jerseys is now actually a 40.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived