New School Logo Concept

JackFr

Not bad. Kind of went clean and modern fairly timeless with this.

though without the older logo as context- one might mistake your new logo for some brussels' sprouts. :P

The new logo is very striking. I wouldn't call it modern though. Modern logo design anymore is all about bold, fairly inorganic lines and sans serif typefaces. This logo remindes me of a logo that's been around since the early 1900s and has maybe gone through a redux or two but stayed relatively the same. It truly has a timeless quality to it. The serifed typeface is what sets the whole thing off.

Jack, I agree with C_I's second point. The leaves may do with a bit of separation. But don't go overboard, or you'll lose the simplicity. Also, are the letters in 'HGS' set in an unaltered font? If they are, try to make the letters a little bit more custom. (Or if you're not opposed to tracing what you draw in Illustrator, just make a custom HGS.) That would lend itself to the whole pre-computerized-design feel of this logo. What you have now is good, don't get me wrong, but a completely custom job may make this logo exceptional.

Archived