Limey's World Cup soccer kit concepts

lost_limey

Handball???!! :lol:

Nice homage to the 98' kits for the home kits, the only thing i would change for the home kits is no wraparound stripes in the back. And very classy road kits.

I thought the handball thing was amusing, so I slipped it in there... As for the wraparound stripes, one of the things that annoyed me the most about a lot of Adidas' recent templates is teh way that tehy prevent hoops from actually hooping all the way around the shirt, so it felt nice to redress the balance by hoopifying what is one of Adidas' biggest teams (at least until this Cup is over and they go to Nike)

this isn't constructive so much either, but i do love the uruguay kit. the homage to the former team, the collars, the simplicity...it's a beauty.

It may not be constructive, but it's great to hear and somewhat encouraging. Means I'll likely carry on with a few more.

Here's the next kit in the batch, and as an eliminated team, it means exactly half my concepts in this thread are no longer accurately 'World Cup' kits, despite the thread title. Here's NIGERIA.

SuperEagles.png

Originally, I had used the current jersey template combined with the idea from the old Birmingham City 'penguin' shirts to evoke the flag by having the tops split into three vertical sections, but I noticed that raysox had done somethign similar so it was back to the drawing board for the Super Eagles. In my mind's eye, I remember a few years ago Taribo West (he of teh green pigtails) wearing a Nigeria jersey that I thought looked good, so I've tried to be evocative of how I remember that jersey looking (I deliberately didn't look for images as I didn't want to slavishly copy it)

, to that end, I have:

* Lightened the green. The current shade their wear is darker than their older kits. Think it's been liek that since they switched to Adidas.

* Used a white collar outlined in a darker green. This is an element I remember from the old jerseys. Around the collars, they had a darker green band than the green of the rest of the shirt. I liked it, so I used it.

* Added 'side panels.' The jerseys I remember had large white side panels to offside the uniform green. I bough this element back, but in deference to the current manufacturer, rather than being a solid white side panel, I did it as three thick stripes, so that the entire side of the jersey is the Adidas pattern.

It may not be as exciting as some of the other concepts on this board (I have very conservative/minimalist taste in soccer kits) but I'd still like some C & C!

Archived