Auburn Diamond Club

RamblinGamblinTiger

I'm sorry, but I can't tell you how much I hate Copperplate font. The new Warriors logo has been done in Copperplate-- it amazes me how that font remains so popular and so overused.

Anyway, I think the field and tiger logo works really well together. It kind of reminds me of the logo LSU has for their football team at midfield.

I think if you literally change it to any other font than copperplate, it will be twice as nice.

I'm sorry, but I can't tell you how much I hate Copperplate font. The new Warriors logo has been done in Copperplate-- it amazes me how that font remains so popular and so overused.

Anyway, I think the field and tiger logo works really well together. It kind of reminds me of the logo LSU has for their football team at midfield.

I think if you literally change it to any other font than copperplate, it will be twice as nice.

Auburn's Athletic Dept uses Copperplate throughout it's branding, which is why he used it. Major improvement, however in the design! My only suggestion would be to refine the lower "swoosh" to make it cleaner/thinner. I would also adjust the lettering so that the strokes don't overlap and look cleaner. Other than that, much improved!

Auburn's Athletic Dept uses Copperplate throughout it's branding, which is why he used it. Major improvement, however in the design! My only suggestion would be to refine the lower "swoosh" to make it cleaner/thinner. I would also adjust the lettering so that the strokes don't overlap and look cleaner. Other than that, much improved!

I understand that, but that fact alone is irrelevant. Copperplate is the worst font ever created. Use something else.

Auburn is a client of ours and I've done a couple of logos for the athletics department, so I can tell you that this is something they may actually like. The only thing I could see them coming back with is the tiger face - they really don't like to use that very much and really emphasize the interlocking AU. I see some small things that could use tweaking with your curves and there needs to be some greater contrast, but in comparison to the current mark this is a dramatic improvement. Well done.

OD_Signature.jpg

I understand that, but that fact alone is irrelevant. Copperplate is the worst font ever created. Use something else.

Seriously? I understand that Copperplate is overused, but it's popular because it can be used in such a wide variety of places. That fact alone should tell you that, if anything, whoever came up with Copperplate did something right.

Besides, I thought Comic Sans was the butt-monkey of the design world.

Thanks for the feedback- I will definitely post my upgrades in the next week or so...

--------------

This is obviously a huge improvement. I think it's awesome and very creative.. Where does this logo show up?

It only shows up on a couple of banners, t-shirts for members, and their website

--------------

When I get some free time this weekend, I'll adjust some of the curves as well as the swoosh thing- I don't like how the white outline abruptly stops at the points of the swoosh either...

--------------

Auburn is a client of ours and I've done a couple of logos for the athletics department, so I can tell you that this is something they may actually like. The only thing I could see them coming back with is the tiger face - they really don't like to use that very much and really emphasize the interlocking AU. I see some small things that could use tweaking with your curves and there needs to be some greater contrast, but in comparison to the current mark this is a dramatic improvement. Well done.

-I know the AD is distancing itself from the Tiger Eyes, but I wanted to retain the general idea of the current logo, so that's why I kept them- I also did that because the AU was a more natural fit in the batters circle instead of the infield.

-Where should there be more contrast?

-What logos have you done for Auburn? I'm curious now....

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Archived