White Sox Update

BrianVlietDesign

I was skimming through some of my favorite ball clubs logos on the main site and came across a logo I had never seen before in my life. It was this:

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=2913

As I observed the logo for a few minutes an idea struck me. This is a logo that for it's time was bold. It embraced an entirely different color scheme for the Sox and made the sock itself the focal point of the club's indentity. My idea was to give this somewhat of a modern update. I used wing span patterns that flowed with the wing better, I made the sock more rounded and darkened the blue that was used, and also incorporated gold and navy to the stripes on the sock. The font on top of the sock is also more bold and visible. And to put some representation onto my reasoning for making the stripes inside the wing the way I did was to symbolize the three championships won by Chicago. With an additional fourth stripe to represent another future title.

Let me know what you guys think of this update. I'd love to get any feedback possible.

http://i25.tinypic.com/t8adtu.png

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

The flying sock primary always made me think of auto repair shops, not sure why. If you lighten up the blue-grey a tad, I'll like your rendering considerably more than the current abstract shape that passes for a sock on the road uniforms. Always felt it paled, if you'll pardon the expression, in comparison to Boston's well-defined red socks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not a fan of this motel-ish logo. Not because of your re-design, it just never appealed to me. Maybe an outline around Chicago to separate it from the sock's outline would improve it? Again, I'm not really into this logo, old or new. Just my $0.02.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

In all honesty, I think you'd have something if you completely re-rendered the sock altogether, but following the same basic idea. I think the idea sure has potential, but wasn't executed too well.

How about using the current color scheme as well? Whenever I think of blue in Chicago baseball, the Cubs come to mind.

EDIT: 1,300 post

Archived