Jordan Jaguars

Spectre

First topic post! :)

Current project is a complete rebrand of my old high school's athletic department. Jordan HS is located in Jordan, Minnesota and currently has 3 different mascots: The Jordan Hubmen (men's athletics), Jordan Jaguars (women's athletics), and the Scott West Panthers (wrestling team combined with neighboring school).

Current School Mascots/Emblems

jordanhighschool.jpg

Jaguars (left) Hubmen (right) <- Not to mention it's a ripoff of Purdue <_<

Throughout high school I thought it was kind of ridiculous to have 3 different mascots. There's a lack of unity.

So for my rebrand, I decided to adopt the Jaguar mascot for all athletics (both men's and women's). I figured that the Jaguar can be neutral, where the "Hubmen" moniker doesn't really relate to a female team.

I'm sticking with the school's original colors of maroon & gold. Here are my first attempts for a main primary and wordmark.

JordanJaguarslogow-script1.jpg

Like I said, both still in early stages.

Let me know what I could improve on.

What sucks? What works?

Thanks!

northstars.jpg

Thanks, guys. I did some more work tonight just reworking the main logo based on your comments.

Jaguar2rl.jpg

I think I'm headed in the right direction.

Not too sure what to do with the eye here. I'm leaning more towards the blank white, I think it's a little more striking.

Thoughts?

northstars.jpg

I think adding more teeth and detail to the eye would help to distinguish this as a jaguar. Right now it looks like an aging jungle cat who's angry that he lost his dentures. Great start though.

phitinsig.png

Thanks, guys. I did some more work tonight just reworking the main logo based on your comments.

Jaguar2rl.jpg

I think I'm headed in the right direction.

Not too sure what to do with the eye here. I'm leaning more towards the blank white, I think it's a little more striking.

Thoughts?

Big improvement over the first attempt. Still, maybe a burgundy pupil and more-defined teeth could help.

Glad you're avoiding a route that would get you sued, unlike the original J'ville Jags.

jags.jpg

87Redskins.png

Archived