Early (Atlanta) Flames Jersey Question

DustDevil61

I've come across this uniform on Ebay, and noticed that this Atlanta Flames jersey seems to be red and orange. However, it seems as though through the 1970s and after their move to Calgary, the Flames have had a Yellow-gold alongside the red. Here is another jersey for comparison.

Of course, I have no idea if this is accurate or a bootleg jersey (it is made in the Phillipines), and I don't plan on buying it (even if I did, it wouldn't fit). My question(s) to any of you are: Did the Atlanta Flames wear orange in their first year and switch to Yellow-gold the next? If not, has any hockey team worn red and orange on a full-time basis?

Looks like a bootleg. NHLUniforms has the Flames in the same red and yellow in the first year.

The Houston Rockets should go with red and orange, or at least a yellow-orange.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

it's a bad bootleg, and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind a fake jersey if it's 100% accurate. The fabric is terrible (i bought a Lemieux Laval jersey that uses the same type of stuff), it doesn't stretch at all, it has a fuzzy inside, gets pulls really easily, and just really shouldn't be used for anything.

This guy (or group of guys, because it's never on one seller) has been doing this for a few years now, I assume going to customization companies and trying to make a bunch of team jerseys to sell. His selection has been awesome, with a bunch of well known minor teams, WHA teams, national teams, and NHL throwbacks, but not a single one has been 100% correct. It's almost to the point of frustration, because changing orange to yellow would make this worthwhile (if you can stand that fabric. some of his stuff is cheap-football jersey material, which is slightly more accurate based on 80s replica jerseys i've found), but it's too big and too obvious for someone like myself to overlook.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived