Frog logo

lenardo

I am making a teambuilder team and was thinking of a mascot/nickname that isnt used too often and thought of Frogs. besides tcu there really arent really any frog teams out there. so finding a good logo was very difficult to find so i desided to take a shot at it myself. this is my first true logo ive made. id like to know if this could use anymore work so C&C is deffinatly wanted

froglogo1.png

maehl.png

Hmm... I think this needs a little bit of work. Right now I'm seeing a sea turtle. The first and biggest issue is the eye. It looks like you're basing your logo off of a blue poison dart frog? If that's the case, take a look at the pictures I've posted below. Look at how the eye is round and it bulges out beyond the black spot that surrounds it. The second part that I would work on are the spots, on a real poison dart frog the spots don't stop at the eye, buy proceed past it, onto the nose. The problem with yours are that the spots are kinda "too random", I really don't know how to put it any other way. I guess what I mean is, if you look at the pictures below, you see that the spots are kinda of equal distance from each other and about the same shape (either small and round, or big and curvy).

I really think this logo has potential, it just needs some work. You really have to do some research on the anatomy of frogs and once you do, the logo should become easier to draw.

Here are a couple of pics to help:

863842911_7e990a176a.jpgnormal_Blue-Poison-Dart-Frog-also-called-Okopipi-in-indian-Dendrobates-azureus-It.jpg

Hmm... I think this needs a little bit of work. Right now I'm seeing a sea turtle. The first and biggest issue is the eye. It looks like you're basing your logo off of a blue poison dart frog? If that's the case, take a look at the pictures I've posted below. Look at how the eye is round and it bulges out beyond the black spot that surrounds it. The second part that I would work on are the spots, on a real poison dart frog the spots don't stop at the eye, buy proceed past it, onto the nose. The problem with yours are that the spots are kinda "too random", I really don't know how to put it any other way. I guess what I mean is, if you look at the pictures below, you see that the spots are kinda of equal distance from each other and about the same shape (either small and round, or big and curvy).

I really think this logo has potential, it just needs some work. You really have to do some research on the anatomy of frogs and once you do, the logo should become easier to draw.

Here are a couple of pics to help:

863842911_7e990a176a.jpgnormal_Blue-Poison-Dart-Frog-also-called-Okopipi-in-indian-Dendrobates-azureus-It.jpg

i see exactly what you mean. i think the reason it looks like a sea turtle and that the eyes are so misshapen are because i made the head shape wrong. also with the spots, i find it hard to make the spots look like a more system pattern because you cant see the top of the head. thank you for the input, it helped alot and ill try to make an even better one

maehl.png

Archived