Help!

Puckguy14

Guys, I just got my Photoshop back last week, and now it's not "responding." I would click on the icon either on the desktop or on the start menu or...well I tried everything! It would start to load up, but as it did, it would just close out. Now I notice it closes once it gets to "Initalize Color Settings" and wonder if that's the problem. Guys please tell me there's something I can do! I've re-installed it about 20 times already. With the playoffs getting more exciting (and of course the 2004 Stanley Cup Media Kit coming) and the LogOlympiadstarting soon, I need something fast and something that won't cost me the $600 for the new program.

This is more than a cry of help for the computer, but a matter of my sanity!!! :cry::cry::cry:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Are you uninstalling before the reinstall? Also, are you running any other Adobe products? You might have to uninstall all of them if they are sharing a faulty file (i'm not sure if they do or not).

You might also be able put the install disk in, and select "repair" rather than "install".

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Yeah I unistall before re-install. Also, no Adobe products are on at the time of install or uninstall. The thing though, is that I was able to use it for a week and now it won't open up? :huh:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

was it an upgrade or the complete version?

if upgrade:

you will need to have the old version on the hard drive when you upgrade, then reboot and after the new is installed. after rebooting again you can safely remove the older version.

if complete: you may need to go into the source folder (C/Adobe or Program files/Adobe, however it's setup) and delete the entire folder and reinstall. if you have WinXP use the restore back functon to when it was working.

did you install other programs afte photoshop that may have altered it's settings (ie:Quicktime)?

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived