Hartford Whalers

habsfan1

I took that sketch that was got leaked online and I decided to do something with it. Basically, it's a jersey with an older style. I am very curious to find out whether you guys love it, hate it, or something in between...

Whalers1947.png

I took that sketch that was got leaked online and I decided to do something with it. Basically, it's a jersey with an older style. I am very curious to find out whether you guys love it, hate it, or something in between...

That sketch was actually one of Mr. Good's first brainstorming ideas when designing what would become the Hartford Whalers new logo when they moved from the WHA and dropped the "New England Whalers" moniker and this logo:

NewEnglandWhalers.png

I'm stoked that someone put that early sketch onto a sweater though! When I first saw it I loved it, even though it somewhat reminds me of an inverse original Mariners logo. That being said, I don't like the striping on this sweater at all, nor do I like the lime green you've used. I think you should stay with a darker shade like forest green, and a navy blue rather than a royal blue. Just my $0.02.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

That sketch was actually one of Mr. Good's first brainstorming ideas when designing what would become the Hartford Whalers new logo when they moved from the WHA and dropped the "New England Whalers" moniker and this logo:

NewEnglandWhalers.png

I'm stoked that someone put that early sketch onto a sweater though! When I first saw it I loved it, even though it somewhat reminds me of an inverse original Mariners logo. That being said, I don't like the striping on this sweater at all, nor do I like the lime green you've used. I think you should stay with a darker shade like forest green, and a navy blue rather than a royal blue. Just my $0.02.

Fixed.

And BTW, I don't care if people come up to this thread and say that it looks like this and that. The purpose of this concept was to use my imagination a bit more (not that I never do). I thought to myself that a Whalers jersey with wavy blue and white stripes with green would be nice and fitting. A Whaler is a boat in reality and so I wanted to incorporate the sea in some way onto the jersey. It's like a fauxback, only very modern. If that makes sense.

Fixed.

And BTW, I don't care if people come up to this thread and say that it looks like this and that. The purpose of this concept was to use my imagination a bit more (not that I never do). I thought to myself that a Whalers jersey with wavy blue and white stripes with green would be nice and fitting. A Whaler is a boat in reality and so I wanted to incorporate the sea in some way onto the jersey. It's like a fauxback, only very modern. If that makes sense.

The updated color scheme is a huge upgrade IMO. Nicely done.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Archived