Game worn stuff

hormone

Thanks for reading/replying. A guy I work with is friends with a NJ Devil (this is legit). Over the years he's collected some nice game used things. He knows I'm a uniform junkie so he asked me what stuff was worth. I'm not familiar with game worn stuff so I checked out a couple of websites. I know some of the things he's thinking about getting rid of are a Brodeur stick and an autographed jersey...both game worn.

Does the autograph hurt a game worn item?

Could someone point me in the right direction to tell him about what it's worth? I know to look for things like wear and tear and special patches, etc. I see on gameworn.com that a Tom Barrasso sells for $2000 so I'm sure Brodeur might be worth a little more.

Thanks again.

KISSwall09.jpg

The National Sports Collectors Convention was in Baltimore this year and I went with my cousin. There was a guy that sold a ton of game used jerseys. Alot of the baseball jerseys I was looking at were all scrubs I never heard of, yet the jerseys still cost $200. I know that's not a real good estimate for your friends jerseys, but I'm sure its worth way more because it is Brodeur. That fact that its autographed most likely increases its value. I think your friend is in for a lot of money if he ever decided to sell it. Sorry, I can't give a better estimate, but I learned that game used jerseys are something to get if you can get them cheap.

No, in fact game-worn collectors (the hardcore ones at least) HATE when jerseys are autographed. That doesn't mean a Brodeur gamer won't still fetch a pretty penny though. You'll need appropriate documentation to get a good price. Another way to increase the value is to photomatch it--produce a picture that you can prove is of him wearing the jersey during a game (usually done by showing specific marks on the jersey--stick marks, puck marks, etc.).

Someone is asking $7500 for Brodeur's jersey from Ken Daneyko night on Meigray. Of course, that means they haven't GOTTEN $7500 for it, but it's a start.

1zgyd8w.jpg

• 4 years later...

Does anyone collect game used hockey jerseys on this site.

A few San Jose Sharks That I have

Rob Blake

Igor Larionov

Ed Belfour

Joe Thornton

Jeremy Roenick

Jeff Odgers

Dave Brown

Marty McSorley

Owen Nolan

Todd Ewen

Teemu Selanne