Baltiflage

gueman

Well I think it should be called Maryflage since it is the state flag. Even still I think this is cool. I wonder if they have plans to use it at the U of M sometime soon.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Well the Maryland flag is from the crest of Lord Baltimore....

That said, it works well. I wouldn't mind it on jerseys.

Well...no...The Maryland flag is made up of parts of the Crossland and Calvert Families. Lord Baltimore was a Calvert so only half of the Maryland flag reperesents Baltimore. The other portion is the Crossland family crest which was George Calvert's mother's family crest. I don't know how all that shakes out but Baltimore is always represented by the Calvert crest. The Crossland was not added until the Civil War to recognize the Marylanders that fought for the south. But boy that would open a whole new ball of pc wax.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

My god, that looks awesome. That would be so sick with a Chicago flag. Get on it, UA!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived