My NHL

kiwi_canadian

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said at the end of the last set there will be 5 perhaps 6 teams. The 6th one I'm having problems with deciding what jersey should be done for the team.

How about a black alternate for San Jose?

San Jose's is already done as the California Seals. Plus these alternates are only for the one season (the NHL's 100th) in this fantasy world. After this it's back to the home and road jerseys.

Alright. The 100th Season jerseys are done. Sorry it took a while. Anyways, here are the remaining teams:

Ottawa Senators 1930-31:

OttawaVintage.png

Ottawa was one of the original NHL clubs and one of the most successful up until they were forced to move to St. Louis for one season and eventually fold. Anyways, they went back to their final season in the NHL for their vintage jersey.

Pittsburgh Penguins 1967-68:

PittsburghVintage.png

Another one of the original expansion teams and they went back to their very first season as well.

St. Louis Blues 1977-79:

StLouisVintage.png

The last of the original expansion teams and they went back to the jersey from the "Vintage Series" from a few years ago.

Anaheim (Mighty) Ducks 2005-06:

AnaheimVintage.png

The Ducks went back to the final season with the "Mighty" name. This was the point where many thought they were finally a respectable and competitive franchise with a trip to the conference finals that season.

Vancouver Canucks 1981-82:

VancouverVintage.png

Of the many different identities that this club has had, this was one of the ugliest. However, this era with the yellow, black and red/orange was one of the more successful eras and this season was the Canucks first trip to the Stanley Cup finals. So with that mentality, the Canucks decided to honor that team and season with these jerseys. (I own one of these ugly yellow jerseys and RARELY wear it in public. I have a couple time including once the the last Oilers Canucks game in Edmonton back in December and the looks I get from this jersey are great lol)

Dallas Stars 1997-99:

DallasVintage.png

The year of the infamous non goal in the Stanley Cup final. With the Stars only Cup victory, the club honored that season with the jerseys they wore during the playoffs.

Minnesota (North Stars) Wild 1967-68:

MinnesotaVintage.png

This decision was left up to the Wild fans and many wanted to see the North Stars colours on the ice again. The only problem was that they moved to Dallas in 1993. Well, Wild management asked permission from the league and the Stars for permission to use the North Stars jerseys from the clubs first season to mark the anniversary for the NHL. Dallas and the NHL allowed this to happen much like the Devils did for Colorado.

That is it for the series and I promise not to add any more to this thread. Hope everyone enjoyed this little trip into a fantasy world.

My favorite line in the Story: BETTMAN IS GONE!! My 3 favorite designs 1. Tampa Bay( what they SHOULD be wearing now.), 2 Quebec Nordiques (never should haved moved!) 3. St. Louis Blues( I've always liked their logo and the 2-Blue unis.) What a wonderful league this would be in reality. One more change I would make: Lose Reebok, bring back CCM and KOHO for the jerseys and lose the curved tail hems, okay that's two. Overall, great work, Wick!

Archived