Scouts Logo

dw91

I've had a fantasy concept in mind for a couple days now, but I can't seem to get a decent start on a logo. The team name is Scouts, but I want to stay away from Native American imagery. I can't seem to think of one character that I identify as a "scout" though, besides boy scouts, girl scouts, eagle scouts, etc. I was thinking maybe an army-type character, park ranger, or some old western type figure. I think a person is definitely the direction I'm looking. Any input would be appreciated. The logo would be for a hockey team. Not looking for a design here, just hitting whatever the graphic design equivalent of writer's block is. Thanks for any suggestions.

Well, perhaps you're looking for a human-type character, but I'm thinking an animal might produce a good result. How about an eagle or some other bird that could potentially be trained for surveillance? Peregrine, maybe?

Well, perhaps you're looking for a human-type character, but I'm thinking an animal might produce a good result. How about an eagle or some other bird that could potentially be trained for surveillance? Peregrine, maybe?

I like what you're thinking.

ccslcsig-4.png

Army helicopters do a lot of scouting work on the battlefield. But a helicopter logo might be too "busy".

Here's links to good Lewis & Clark images:

http://govdocs.evergreen.edu/hotopics/lewis-clark/lewis-and-clark-painting.jpg

and

http://stabledays.typepad.com/.a/6a00e553bd675c88340120a5971eec970b-800wi

and

http://w4.nkcsd.k12.mo.us/~egraves/lewclkwebq/lewadnclk2.jpg

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

I'm going the direction of lewis and clark, for a very good reason. The concept is for a team in Peoria, Illinois, which used to be known as Fort Clark in the early 1800's. The namesake of the fort came from George Rogers Clark. He was the brother of William Clark, of Lewis and Clark fame.

I'm going the direction of lewis and clark, for a very good reason. The concept is for a team in Peoria, Illinois, which used to be known as Fort Clark in the early 1800's. The namesake of the fort came from George Rogers Clark. He was the brother of William Clark, of Lewis and Clark fame.

In the images of Lewis & Clark I was looking at, one is always depicted in buckskin/fringe and a coonskin cap, and the other with a spyglass and tricorn hat. What about a hybrid: generic "scout" with buckskin/fringe, the tricorn hat, and a spyglass?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with...

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

Archived