Question re: Rockies hat logo

sputnik1980

Back in the early days of the franchise, I distinctly remember New Era "Diamond Collection" (as it was called back then) 5950s being sold that had a noticeably "skinnier" version of the Rockies' CR logo. As far as I can remember, this version was never worn on the field. Does anyone else remember seeing these or know the story on the "skinny" CR? The reason I know this is I can clearly remember digging through stocks of Rockies caps looking for my size with the accurate version of the logo - the "skinny" version seemed to be much more common on the shelves. I remember seeing them still scattered amongst hats with the standard version of the logo in the Coors Field team store as late as 1997 or 98.

(If this has been discussed in the past, please forgive me. Didn't find anything on it in a forum search).

The skinny logo was used in 1993 (maybe 1994, but I don't recall it). The "skinny" part just meant more gray outline, less purple filling. I believe they changed to the "thicker" purple in 1994, when they changed the away jerseys. Could be wrong though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't remember any skinnier logo. These are some original Rockies...looks the same to me, although if you look REALLY closely...I think Andres's hat has more silver than Larry's. If that's the case, I have a feeling it has something to do with the way they changed the stitching. They moved from flat embroidery on hats to a more 3D texture for the logos.

Gato96.png

426777_f260.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived