Pocket-U

aph7824

Eh. This isn't sports related - but I've taken my sports related concepts here and got a lot of VALUABLE feedback so I appreciate that. I am hoping to show you a concept that I created as a logo.

It's an open source platform that helps connect students in college. Kind of like an elgg for classrooms. Here is my logo. Please give me feedback.

I might rename / redesign - so if you have any ideas for that as well, let me know. I hope I don't get flamed for bringing a non sports concept here. I just know guys like Frasier and others have a lot of valuable comments that I could take on design.

LOGO_BG_BOTH.jpg

It's pretty good - you've definitely nailed the collegiate look with the block U and the banner - but the font you used for 'Pocket' isn't working I'm afraid. Choose something a bit bolder, as right now it looks weak.

I noticed ESPN U's logo, however, I have looked up a TON of companies that use this U / banner. It really resembles college.

@KC51Design, holy cow. I was playing with that exact design - but yours is way better. I'm loving all the different colors. What font did you use for POCKET?

What do you guys think of the name? Pocket U. I want to change it but I suck at naming things.

Open source platform that connects students in college? How so? I'm not sure I love the name unless it's a web app that people can use on their mobile phones because that's the first thing that comes to mind for me when I hear "pocket u" I think the logo is still too much like ESPN U's logo to be useful for you. I'd opt for a wordmark that's simpler, actually. Makes it easier to deploy in lots of places, too.

But as for the naming, I think if we had a better sense of the tool, it'd be easier to let you know about the naming.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived