Eastern Illinois Baseball

OchentaYOcho88

I wanted to try a concept and I'm not a big fan of EIU's current baseball uniforms and thought it was a good place to start. Official school colors are blue and grey. I'm not a big fan of grey so I wanted to keep it out of the uniforms but while working the away vest didn't look right in black or blue so I went ahead and kept the away grey. EIU uses old english font for their hat logos now but I like he Boston Red Sox's font better and used it for the front of the jerseys and home hat logo. The away hat, I'm not crazy about. I'm thinking that the panther logo with the script looks goofy so I may ditch that later on. Right now I'm thinking of adding either a blue or black alt jersey and really think pinstripes would be nice. I'd also like to maybe toy around with a pull-over jersey or two. I love the way they look.

Any and all C&C is welcome!

EIUConcept.png

~OYO

Sorry for the double post but, I went ahead and started working with pinstriped uniform. I always liked the look of the Cincinnati Reds' pinstriped vest jerseys and always wondered if that look could be achieved in a regular jersey. As for the hat, I'm not sure how I feel about the white front panel with pinstripes. I wanted to tie the hat and uniform together but it may be a little too much please let me know what you think. I'm going to continue to mess around with these unis and am eager to hear some C&C

EIUPinstripes.png

~OYO

The pinstriped one is kinda ugly. The EIU is too big. Otherwise, these are...okay. Not awful, not great. But pretty good for a beginner.

Thanks for posting man. After I woke up this morning and looked at it again, I have to agree with you the pinstriped uniform is ugly. I think there are far too many pinstripes I need to go back and space them out more and I'm going to replace the "EIU" with "EASTERN". I also think I'm going to revisit the other two sets, remove the panther logo on the black cap and maybe add a white cap with the pinstripe set.

I'd like to see what others think of my first attempt.

The pinstriped one is kinda ugly. The EIU is too big. Otherwise, these are...okay. Not awful, not great. But pretty good for a beginner.

Thanks for posting man. After I woke up this morning and looked at it again, I have to agree with you the pinstriped uniform is ugly. I think there are far too many pinstripes I need to go back and space them out more and I'm going to replace the "EIU" with "EASTERN". I also think I'm going to revisit the other two sets, remove the panther logo on the black cap and maybe add a white cap with the pinstripe set.

I'd like to see what others think of my first attempt.

Yeah, it's tough around here. If you're not a Bmac or a Lights Out you generally don't get as many comments. It comes with time and experience, I guess.

Anyways, I like your ideas for the update. I can't wait to see it in action. :)

25yzwqg.png

Archived