Derek Boogaard found dead at 28

nash61

My best man's sister once made out with Luc Bourdon at a local bar when he played for the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. She didn't seem to have any personal attachment to him when he died or express any outright sadness, but everyone has a different reaction to these sort of things. Both of these deaths were shocking and tragic, and I feel sorry for their friends, family and teammates and I wish nothing but the best for them, but I'd be lying if I say that I felt genuine sorrow and sadness for them. It's very difficult to do when you have no relation to them.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to using humor as a way of dealing with death, a rather blatent example I can think of is how some friends of mine, whenever they let people know that their father died in 2006, after the person apologizes or offer condolences, they like to tell people its okay and remind them that he actually "beat cancer by a final score of 8 to 1". They've been saying this to people as soon as only a week after his death.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2011/05/21/sk-boogard-funeral-110521.html

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner announced on Friday that Boogaard's death was an accident, due to a toxic mix of alcohol and the powerful pain killer oxycodone.
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived