Concepts are breaking my heart...

OchentaYOcho88

I'm confused, are we talking new members that don't follow rules? Members complaining that they don't like the concept someone came up with? I've noticed a few threads that involve posts with numerous

"I don't like it"

or

"install something better than paint, and I'll pay attention"

And that's all they will say. Regardless of what program they use, or what level they are at in creating concepts, be it coloring, altering real logos, coming up with original logos, re-coloring, etc. The above two quotes do nothing but imply negativity. While it might not be the replier's intent and they really want to help.

If someone doesn't like a concept, they should be specific and explain their reasons in more than one line. I am a member of another board and thy have this rule instituted. So people of that board started using this:

"I don't like it, because it sucks"

That's really not better at all. Because the responses to that usually range from:

"Well, you suck" to "Go ____ yourself"

and it just drags on from there.

I think if you don't like a concept and while it might sound corny, do what I do and remember if you can't say anything nice or constructive about the logo, don't say anything and leave the thread and go view other threads. There's a few movie threads I'm a member of and people say stupid things about your review or you in particular and you really want to retort, but while sometimes its fun to argue and watch other arguments it just takes away from the point.

Archived