NOT MY Thunder Rebrand

bipolarbear

Not saying it is or is not plagiarism. But click on the link and scroll down, he says he took inspiration from the London Glory. One could argue that he credited the source.

Plagiarize: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source.

Now if he were to try and say he came up with the entire concept by himself and the London Glory was not an inspiration, then one could see a more complete argument.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bunny Dojo, you have no idea how thrilled I am to be reading your classy responses to our concerns.

I really appreciate you guys giving me the benefit of the doubt in this mess. I've spent a great deal of time making custom movie covers over the years, and I have a real respect for fan-generated work, so I know the kind of reaction you feel when something like this happens. Whether it's an insane accident or someone directly just copies and pastes your friend's design to pass off as their own, it's downright insulting to see that happen in your hobby.

Luckily, Ian didn't seem too bothered, and at least there's a credit on the site to partially rectify things. And now I know where to come for critiques and improve for when I try again, so hopefully it will all end up turning into something positive.

Not saying it is or is not plagiarism. But click on the link and scroll down, he says he took inspiration from the London Glory. One could argue that he credited the source.

Plagiarize: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source.

Now if he were to try and say he came up with the entire concept by himself and the London Glory was not an inspiration, then one could see a more complete argument.

You came in here too late and didn't read the thread carefully.

With that said. It's water under the bridge.

i think the "T" hammer concept is something that deserves to be worked to the fullest extent...it has a lot of potential, but as-is, doesn't really work - start by losing the face (it's not necessary and doesn't work), then lose the basketball handle (anyone who knows the OKC thunder knows they're a basketball team) and finish by making it look more like a hammer

...you've got something there...it just needs to be refined

this image http://www.wulflund.com/images_items/thors-hammer-battle-ready_3.jpg could make a pretty bad-ass "T"

jldesigns404eo.png

LOL, first thing I thought of was "looks like something AAO would do".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived