My Tampa Bay Lightning

jonioks

Hi,

I've been a long time reader, but I haven't posted my concept in a long time. I use GIMP, but templates for Paint.

I was planning a new NHL franchise with old Bolts colors (black, blue and silver), but those colors kept reminding me of Tampa Bay Lightning so I had to do this as a Lightning concept. I like the new simplified lightning logo, but this needed a colorful logo, so I used the old lightning logo. On the shoulder is the "Lightning Hockey Club"-logo (which is a little crooked, I know. Also the numbers aren't in the perfect angle.). Pants could've had a lightning on the side, but I didn't find a template for it and I was lazy so I didn't draw it myself either. But they could use their old or the current third jerseys pants with these.

C&C?

[Edited version here]

awzztc.jpg

its a good start but its to busy. pick the flyers style stripe or the other one with a matching sleeve stripe

Yeah, I personnally like the Flyers stripe so had use in someway when I wasn't doing this for the Lightning. So I admit that these are combined designs of some other jerseys, but I don't mind it.

Thanks for the feed, I appreciate it.

its too busy. simplify the arms (make them full length like the blue jackets), and make the striping extend all the way to the collar. if you need official team templates to base your work on, go to this site by HJC: http://testhjc.blogspot.com/2011/06/blank-nhl-templates.html

otherwise, i think this is a good start.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

its too busy. simplify the arms (make them full length like the blue jackets), and make the striping extend all the way to the collar. if you need official team templates to base your work on, go to this site by HJC: http://testhjc.blogspot.com/2011/06/blank-nhl-templates.html

otherwise, i think this is a good start.

I tried to avoid the arm stripe being full length like in many EDGE-cuts, but I guess the Flyers' stripe is too iconic. I'll change it.

Archived