College to Pro: (Sm)All-Americans

Discrim

It's that weird lull in the FBS schedule between the Army-Navy game and the bowls. While a number of prominent teams are preparing for their bowl gigs, the lower divisions are wrapping up their postseasons. This weekend, we have the Division II championship between Cinderella story Wayne State and Pittsburg State's Gorillas. Meanwhile, Division III is giving us something I never thought I would see in football: Game 7. Granted, this is in a seven year period, but it's Mount Union and Whitewater for what is probably a record 7th straight year. MUC UMU has won three, the Warhawks have three. Will it be #11 for the Purple Raiders or will NFL hopeful LaVell Coppage help deliver #4 for the Warhawks?

Before the FCS championship game, I'll have an all-FCS edition...but since this weekend belongs to us little guys, it's only D2 and D3 represented...so without further ado...

c2psmallamericans1.png

First up, from 4-time D2 champ Grand Valley State, David Kircus

c2pdavidkircus.png

I probably coulda gone the Broncos route...but I wanted to base GV's set off of the Lions' 57 throwbacks. The Lions are based a bit loosely on what GV was wearing when Kircus was there.

2nd up, from the first listed college in Madden's create-a-player, Abilene Christian's Johnny Knox

c2pjohnnyknox.png

Heh, second time in this series that I pair the Bears helmet with a rather modern uniform. Other than the facts that it's in Texas, is a Christian college, and is the first school listed when you create a player in Madden, I don't know jack about ACU. Fittingly, their uniform was as much of a pain in the ass as I've had to work with so far.

Third up, from a lil school in Iowa that I'd briefly considered attending, Coe College's Fred Jackson

c2pfredjackson.png

If the Bills set looks like what they have now, just with no striping, it's because Coe wore rather plain unis when he was there, and his college pics were the hardest to find, mainly seeing as Coe isn't exactly Mount Union. And they used to use a recolored Eagles logo, yesterday was the first time I'd seen the one I used here.

Finally, a young fella who made Salem his very stage, a man I loved to hate a few years back, Mount Union's Pierre Garcon

c2ppierregarcon.png

the MUC UMU set is based on the Colts' old faithfuls, while the Colts set is based on Mount's black jerseys. UMU has regular purple jerseys, but those don't see much action in the postseason AFAIK.

Fire at will, speak if you wanna, and Warhawks, I am a Warhawk, shouting out our battle cry...

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived