Lettering sizes on NHL jerseys

zilch

I believe that all NHL jerseys are required to have the same size lettering....correct? 12" total back number, 4" total sleeve number and A or C and 3.25" total name. I was wondering how long this has been? Looking to letter up some early '80's Blues jerseys and wanna make sure that they are to the correct specks. I found some pictures and there is no way that the C and A are 4".

I believe that all NHL jerseys are required to have the same size lettering....correct? 12" total back number, 4" total sleeve number and A or C and 3.25" total name. I was wondering how long this has been? Looking to letter up some early '80's Blues jerseys and wanna make sure that they are to the correct specks. I found some pictures and there is no way that the C and A are 4".

NHL teams are not required to have the SAME size lettering, although there is a MINIMUM that they must adhere to. According to the NHL official rules, numbers on the back must be at least 10" tall, and names must be at least 3" tall and at shoulder height. That said, most numbers are 12" high, with some teams going as big as 13". Most letters on the nameplates are 3", but some like the Red Wings have theirs considerably taller. As for the captain "C" and alternate "A," the rules state that they are "approximately" 3" tall. That means they could conceivably be 2.5" or 4" tall.

Archived