For all you Laker haters!

the_cynic

The only thing I have to say is, people love to whine! It's the playoffs, deal with it!

David Aldridge Article

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The only thing I have to say is, people love to whine! It's the playoffs, deal with it!

David Aldridge Article

Actually I would! This is the Conference Finals, physical play is just a part of it. Everyone knows that teams are cut slack in the playoffs and they don't get punished for stuff that they normally would in the regular season. The refs will usually just let the two teams go at it but they won't let it get out of hand.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

But Aldridge's point is that the same behavior by Anthony Peeler in the conference semi-finals earned him a two-game suspension. Malone only gets a fine. Where was this so-called playoff slack for Peeler? Not that he deserved it. I just don't think your argument holds up.

But Aldridge's point is that the same behavior by Anthony Peeler in the conference semi-finals earned him a two-game suspension. Malone only gets a fine. Where was this so-called playoff slack for Peeler? Not that he deserved it. I just don't think your argument holds up.

Good point, the only argument that I can put up against Peeler's situation is that it was earlier in the playoffs. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Peeler's situation more severe too? I'm only speaking on behalf of my own personal experience with the playoffs. My Jazz went to the Conference Finals many times and things like this also happened many times. Crap happens in the playoffs and Minnesota's rookie fans need to come to gripes with this.

Retired Number's To Come

I honestly doubt that NBA officials are gauging the amount of physical contact they allow based on the exact level of playoff. That said, I'm also skeptical of the theory that it's all some conspiracy to get the Lakers into the finals.

I also wouldn't call the T-Wolves a "rookie team." Sure, the franchise hasn't made it past the first round in its short history. But it's certainly an insult to guys like Sprewell and Cassell who've made it to the later rounds and finals several times.

I honestly doubt that NBA officials are gauging the amount of physical contact they allow based on the exact level of playoff.

Why? Everyone knows that the deeper the playoffs get, the more the refs let the teams knocked eachother out. That's why they get so intense and fun to watch. The league is less likely to suspend a player this late in the playoffs compared to early on.

I also wouldn't call the T-Wolves a "rookie team." Sure, the franchise hasn't made it past the first round in its short history. But it's certainly an insult to guys like Sprewell and Cassell who've made it to the later rounds and finals several times.

No kidding! I was referring to the fans.

Retired Number's To Come

No kidding! I was referring to the fans.

Then you should say as much.

Oh, would you pluh-ease be quiet

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived