Adelaide eagles concept

lancealot

so for a subject at school I am redesigning my clubs uniforms and logos/making alternatives wanted to see what you guys thought of my first one (this was my first time using photo shop) our current uniforms are solid purple with white pants and white numbers, our helmet is silver and we have green and blue (our heritage colours) stripes on our selves. just wanted to know what you guys think and if anyone could clean it up a little, thanks grinning.gif

429528_399114913438312_100000194206854_88021211_618567259_n.jpg

The striping is odd, but for the love of God, make those numbers white, or at least the silver of the helmets. If anybody in the stands, the press box, the refs, or even the coaches are supposed to identify anybody, it'll be downright impossible.

Take, for instance, Niagara University ACHA hockey (in black)

6490281903_8d4f3006f0.jpg

Those numbers have a silver outline, are in bright lights on a good camera. In motion, they're exceptionally hard to read. Imagine putting that on a field on friday nights. It simply does not work. In commentary, there's a ton of "Niagara with the puck" rather than finding out who people are.

The striping is different but looks good there. But, this is a high school. You're going to have a lot of bigger guys on the field as well for the linemen (Even in the NFL, not all linemen are peak physical specimen). Make a version on a bigger guy and see how that striping reacts (I know a template might be hard to find, maybe photoshop one on an actual pic of a defensive tackle). Then re-assess. Especially if this is going to be seriously considered for an alternate.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

thanks heaps for the advice, I'm really new to the whole concept thing. I am from Australia and football isn't really well known over here so we don't have any really big guys on our team, by the striping I presume you are talking about the side panels? ill try your idea out and add stripes to the socks, thanks heaps again. ill update it tomorrow probably.

The striping is odd, but for the love of God, make those numbers white, or at least the silver of the helmets. If anybody in the stands, the press box, the refs, or even the coaches are supposed to identify anybody, it'll be downright impossible.

Those numbers have a silver outline, are in bright lights on a good camera. In motion, they're exceptionally hard to read. Imagine putting that on a field on friday nights. It simply does not work. In commentary, there's a ton of "Niagara with the puck" rather than finding out who people are.

The striping is different but looks good there. But, this is a high school. You're going to have a lot of bigger guys on the field as well for the linemen (Even in the NFL, not all linemen are peak physical specimen). Make a version on a bigger guy and see how that striping reacts (I know a template might be hard to find, maybe photoshop one on an actual pic of a defensive tackle). Then re-assess. Especially if this is going to be seriously considered for an alternate.

thanks heaps for the advice, I'm really new to the whole concept thing. I am from Australia and football isn't really well known over here so we don't have any really big guys on our team, by the striping I presume you are talking about the side panels? ill try your idea out and add stripes to the socks, thanks heaps again. ill update it tomorrow probably.

Ah, yes. If football isn't a "second nature" kind of sport like it is here, DEFINITELY go with high-visibility, easy to follow styles of uniforms. it'll make everybody's lives easier. and I am referring to the side panels. I've never seen them colored individually before, usually it's a single stripe up the sides like the Buffalo Bills had until last year, or how Denver has. That works. Having them contour in like you do...I just kinda see them outlining a lineman's gut lol.

So, think it through, test and re-test, and never be afraid of drawing your concept from another angle, on something else, in a different way. Stick with it.

Ah, yes. If football isn't a "second nature" kind of sport like it is here, DEFINITELY go with high-visibility, easy to follow styles of uniforms. it'll make everybody's lives easier. and I am referring to the side panels. I've never seen them colored individually before, usually it's a single stripe up the sides like the Buffalo Bills had until last year, or how Denver has. That works. Having them contour in like you do...I just kinda see them outlining a lineman's gut lol.

So, think it through, test and re-test, and never be afraid of drawing your concept from another angle, on something else, in a different way. Stick with it.

yeah in Australia football is like 100th nature, I think its the only football we don't play professionally over here (we have a professional rugby league, rugby union, soccer and Australian rules football. we even now have a baseball national league) I tried making the numbers white but it looks a bit out of place, ill try finding a more conventional block font like on our current uniforms. and I understand what you mean by outlining the gut thing, I used the a pro combat template and just went along with the material, i wanted to incorporate purple into it because that's our primary colour but ill try and see what I can change there.

Why not silver? Make it match the helmet. If it's light enough, it will work just fine.

I'm a stickler for realism. Your concept, on its own, looks pretty good. For a class, I'd definitely give it a good grade. But I played football and now I commentate football for radio, and since I'm here, I'm obviously a jersey buff, so I pay attention to what matters. The numbers definitely matter.

But, you say your team's jerseys are pretty traditional and you want something that pushes a bit. I hear ya. I think you should. Actually, I think you're in a unique position, being on the opposite side of the globe, to make something truly spectacular, something we've never seen but we like.

For instance, I've never even heard of "heritage colors", and to be honest, I'm still not 100% sure that I know what they are (I kinda assumed your school changed colors from green and blue to black and purple. Is that a good assumption?). I thought the green and blue in the underarms were photoshop errors, now I get it.

So here's what I'm suggesting, and if you're actually presenting this to a teacher or a coach, I think you should keep track of what you're doing so that you can show them where your concept comes from. Take your unique perspective on this, find out what we think is "normal" for American football (the heuristics, if you will), and then put a bit (not necessarily a lot) of a rugby/soccer/Australian spin on things. Something that looks "normal" to both football cultures, if you will.

Start here http://www.gridironuniforms.com/weekly/2011/2011cc.html and play around the history of the National Football League. It's not the most dynamic-looking website, but it has every jersey ever. Pay attention to striping, number use, and whatever else catches your eye.

Then, take what you learned there and play around this http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home EA Sports' NCAA Football teambuilder. It requires you to sign up, and I'll be honest, I'm not the most adept in using it, but the concepts that have been made in there get pretty involved, and therefore, worth it. See striping patterns, options, what other teams do, and if you have an idea, it takes 2 minutes to try it rather than 20. Play around, see what you think.

THEN, come back and make a really awesome jersey. Bring your new-found knowledge of what teams have done, along with your ideas of what teams can and might do, and then make something that really pops. Is it more involved than what you might have been thinking? Yep. But everything worth doing involves some research and some work, because nothing is done in a vacuum. Good luck, stick with it, you've already given me some new perspectives on things and I hope to see you do something great here.

Why not silver? Make it match the helmet. If it's light enough, it will work just fine.

I'm a stickler for realism. Your concept, on its own, looks pretty good. For a class, I'd definitely give it a good grade. But I played football and now I commentate football for radio, and since I'm here, I'm obviously a jersey buff, so I pay attention to what matters. The numbers definitely matter.

But, you say your team's jerseys are pretty traditional and you want something that pushes a bit. I hear ya. I think you should. Actually, I think you're in a unique position, being on the opposite side of the globe, to make something truly spectacular, something we've never seen but we like.

For instance, I've never even heard of "heritage colors", and to be honest, I'm still not 100% sure that I know what they are (I kinda assumed your school changed colors from green and blue to black and purple. Is that a good assumption?). I thought the green and blue in the underarms were photoshop errors, now I get it.

So here's what I'm suggesting, and if you're actually presenting this to a teacher or a coach, I think you should keep track of what you're doing so that you can show them where your concept comes from. Take your unique perspective on this, find out what we think is "normal" for American football (the heuristics, if you will), and then put a bit (not necessarily a lot) of a rugby/soccer/Australian spin on things. Something that looks "normal" to both football cultures, if you will.

Start here http://www.gridironu...011/2011cc.html and play around the history of the National Football League. It's not the most dynamic-looking website, but it has every jersey ever. Pay attention to striping, number use, and whatever else catches your eye.

Then, take what you learned there and play around this http://www.easports....ambuilder#/home EA Sports' NCAA Football teambuilder. It requires you to sign up, and I'll be honest, I'm not the most adept in using it, but the concepts that have been made in there get pretty involved, and therefore, worth it. See striping patterns, options, what other teams do, and if you have an idea, it takes 2 minutes to try it rather than 20. Play around, see what you think.

THEN, come back and make a really awesome jersey. Bring your new-found knowledge of what teams have done, along with your ideas of what teams can and might do, and then make something that really pops. Is it more involved than what you might have been thinking? Yep. But everything worth doing involves some research and some work, because nothing is done in a vacuum. Good luck, stick with it, you've already given me some new perspectives on things and I hope to see you do something great here.

yes, what Americans call 'throw backs' we call heritage, and often parts of that are put into the normal set. and yes our team

started off as green/blue now we are purple/silver/black. once again thanks heaps for the advice again it has helped a lot and I'm going to post an update soon. rolleyes.gif

ok so I've redone the uniforms for this one i found and used a template that is alot simpler and shows more of the uniform, i got rid of the gradient side panelling and put the stripes from our logo in place of then and added the stripes to the selves as well i also changed the number font and colour and added a "tail" to the back of the uniform. c&c please

P7Fvz.jpg

76AbV.jpg

W11s2.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the white collar, considering that it's the only white in the uniform. Gray or purple would work well there, and I'd ditch the design on the back bottom of the jersey, it's going to be lost by being tucked in anyways. Other than that, it's a stellar upgrade. Awesome work.

I'm not a big fan of the white collar, considering that it's the only white in the uniform. Gray or purple would work well there, and I'd ditch the design on the back bottom of the jersey, it's going to be lost by being tucked in anyways. Other than that, it's a stellar upgrade. Awesome work.

I'm not sure if I did that on purpose or I just forgot to fill it, but it kinda annoys me too. I think i might get rid of it but it kind of annoys me that there is nothing there it kinda looks weird. thanks again

Archived