Austin Band

les3couleurs

Alright, the day had to come when I'd post my first attempt at something.

I just got in a new fantasy hockey league and needed an identity for my franchise.

I chose a music theme. My main team is the Austin Band and my farm team the New Orleans Band. For the farm squad I just recoloured and rebranded the ECHL's New Orleans Brass logo.

For the Austin Band, I tried to come up with an original concept. I came up with the idea of recreating a bass drum which often showcase a band's logo on stage.

Kind of like this.

drumhead01.jpg

Used hockey sticks for its legs and here's what I've got.

austinbandwool.gifaustinbandwol.gif

What do you think? It doesn't really make you think of a bass drum, does it?

To make it work, do I have to go the 3D route like this? Or would that be too elaborate for a logo?

bass-drum-t5946.jpg

Any help, commentaries or suggestions are welcomed.

Just try thickening up the lines on the logo, and darkening your silver just a little bit so it blends into the white less.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

maybe use a guitar for the rimary, and the drum with out the legs as a shoulder patch.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

austinband3.gif

I darkened the silver, as suggested. Thanks aci for that. It make a big difference.

I tried to play around with the lines thickness, but it didn't help to my eye.

austinbandthick.gif

Here's what I got out of it.

Quickly whipped up regular leg stands do make it look more like a drum bass, but it takes out the hockey feel.

I'm alright with the first version in this post.

As for a guitar logo, that was my original idea. Having the A be an electric guitar and its wire spell "ustin" in cursive letters, but I decided to go with a more original idea. Though I agree that this has more of shoulder patch feel.

Archived