Atlanta Hawks Color Scheme

BRM_PTX

As a Hawks fan it seems I'm in the minority of hating the red/yellow identity of the past. Hawks games used to remind me of the McDonalds all american game not just because of the mediocre performances but because of the color scheme. So I felt I needed to ditch the red, silver, and blue of the present and go back to the roots of the Hawks's identity but in a modified form. The logo I've selected to recolor is NOT in any way my preference for a primary logo but it is the one I could best show the scheme without the logo looking like complete sh#t (Using paint here). So here it is. I've darkened the red slightly and made the yellow a lighter shade which makes it more gold looking. I've also made the black more black in order to pop.

atlantahawks.png

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Such a minor recolor I dont really see the point. But I think this logo is probably the best one they've had. When i see The forward facing bird, all I can think about is it blown up and wrapped around dikembe mutumbos torso. Bad memories haha. The profile is much better.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived