Dallas, Texas League Teams of the Past

GotPixels

Thanks for this tremendous template.

I'm working on a project bringing to life past baseball teams from Dallas.

I wasn't born when these teams existed, so I'm doing a ton of research trying to get as close as I can to the color schemes etc. All I have at the moment are B&W images.

So for this set, I made one in Blue and one in red because I'm not sure from the pictures which it is.

dallasrangers1959.jpg

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

The first post was a guess at the correct color combinations. I finally located a color image which allowed me to get closer to the real thing. This franchise had several different nicknames in it's existence. The Eagles and Rangers were probably the most popular of the them. There are several more that I will be doing as soon as I locate more images.

dallaseagles1956final.jpg

dallasrangers1959final.jpg

How close are these to what they actually wore? Or are you doing a modern-day concept based on a team's historical uniforms?

Did these teams had NOB's during that time period. Not an expert but it seems unlikely for a 50's minor league team to have that, but I could be wrong.

btw -- The "Eagles" script would be a Top-5 wordmark in MLB if it were around today. Thats a beauty.

The Dallas Wonders look inspires me to think how great it would be if all MLB players wore high socks, because it'd be awesome if only because then teams could design uniforms that incorporate interesting sock stripes the way Football does.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I'm basing these off of actual team images. I'm trying to get into the ballpark. I think I'm close, but I'm going to keep digging. The Eagles script is close, but not perfect.

The Wonders was a great find. really nice and clean look that they had.

I did screw up the road sets though. I need to put Dallas on them Duh.

DallasEaglesJersey.jpg

I was actually asking about names on the back. I assumed they did have numbers.

Very nice uniforms. Touch of red on the sleeve patch does a lot for it

Thanks. I'm pretty sure there were any names on the back. I took some liberty there.

dallaseagles.jpg

Get your own D. That's ours. :P

Yep I thought the same thing. But sure enough..

Archived