Platoon Logo Concept

CityOfWalrus

So a friend of mine asked me to design a logo for his fantasy team the West Kendall Platoon. So I decided to go a military route and feature a position that intrigues me and that is the Paratrooper.

This is my favorite color scheme that I cooked up, I also have a version of this logo in Red, White and Blue and also Black, Maroon, and White.

a3bcf7f2-624f-4812-9da3-fb568a2d66e0_zps98bd93b9.jpg

C+C welcome.

Artist Note: I know that they are carrying AK-47 and those aren't used that much by American soliders but I'm completely gun retarded and so I went with what I know. If I went with the other 3 guns I know they would be wielding a revolver, a tommy gun or a gatling gun and those won't work sorry for my ignorance to all the gun or military buffs.

spacer.png

3 of the same figures in 1 logo kinda seems a little repetitive. try and make one more variation of the sillhouette

the middle one is actually different than the other two but they do all have that similar body motion and build so I know what you mean. I only put more emphasis on the main/middle figure because he's most visible to his body.

Thanks for commenting though, I'll look into other ways I can work a different figure style.

spacer.png

3 of the same figures in 1 logo kinda seems a little repetitive. try and make one more variation of the sillhouette

Funny...my thought was the opposite, that there should be more paratroopers 'cause that's what it really looks like.

filewaves-of-paratroops-land-in-holland.jpg

In fact, the OP could probably incorporate a plane and that linear pattern of paratroopers caused by the aircraft's straight-line course while dropping.

One other thought...if this was flipped (pointy side up & name bar at bottom) it could have some stripes to suggest rank plus the triangle shape is used by some military units. Or you could leave it as is and add the stripes for a British Army effect (they wear their chevrons the opposite of the U.S. Army).

stock-photo-5923626-u-s-army-staff-sergeant-rank-insignia.jpg

It wouldn't have to curve like the chevrons to have the desired effect.

A load of paratroops is called a "stick' which when you think of its other meaning (something you can smack someone with) might make an interesting name for a team with this logo.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived