Budweiser bowtie-shaped can

rcb05

Maybe it's the St. Louisian in me, but I'll enjoy a Budweiser from time to time. Or a Bud Select. Not a big fan of any light beers, so I don't do much Bud Light.

I'm pretty into beer, and yes, I love any number of craft beers and trying as many new ones as possible.

But the craft beer trend has led to this really wide spread beer snobbery that just rubs me the wrong way. There's nothing wrong with a simple American Lager from time to time. It's often more affordable and not as heavy, and it tastes fine.

Now the can? Whatever. Seems kind of silly, but I don't really care.

Thank you. I enjoy a higher end beer as much as the next guy, but for what it is, Budweiser is remarkably consistent in it's balance. From an American lager standpoint, it's a good beer.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny because here in the UK, Bud is not seen as a 'low end' product at all.

It is mainly sold in bottles and is sort of marketed as a premium US import - despite being brewed under license here. If you asked the majority of people where they would place Bud on a beer quality spectrum I would say that it would end up a lot closer to the high end than the low end. That may be down to the pricing though.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived