pittsports_nufc16's MLB Series

pittsburghsports16

Sorry it has been so long. This has been the most stressful period of my life as I have had to deal with my Mother's death, my first job, preparing for college, a difficult workload for my senior year, a rigorous schedule for baseball practice, and blah blah blah. Now that I'm caught up, I'm ready to go to the next level with my concepts.

First, I have a concept for the baseball uniforms themselves. Speaking from experience, vests in baseball uniforms provide greater range of movement. It also allows for uniforms to be creative, with extra opportunities opening up. After all, the "meat" of the jersey (scripts, front numbers) appears on the front of the vest (numbers and name on the back too). It's a perfect set up for just having vests to contain that. So all jerseys will be vests, but there will be a resemblance to the real thing since undershirts will often be the same color as the vest. Undershirts can also have piping on them. The pants, belts, socks, and hats will all be the same as the real thing.

All concepts will include fabric detail on the logos, scripts, patches, numbers, as well as material detail for the vests, undershirts, long-sleeved undershirts, hats, and socks. Logos, scripts, patches, and numbers will have more detail on them to distinguish them from the rest of jersey, undershirt, or hat. The undershirts have a "v-neck" type design to where it's not visible around the neckline. However, the long-sleeved undershirts have a turtle-neck which makes it visible in the neck area, as well as arm area.

Rules:

Per team, there will be 18 logos and 18 uniforms vests (not including the 9 undershirts which will serve as BP/Practice uniforms). The primary home uniform must be pure white, off-white, or follow what we would consider the rule for a road uniform in real life (optional pinstripes). This includes gray, sand, or powder blue. These are all perfectly acceptable base colors for a home uniform in this league. Primary home uniforms must display the team's nickname across the front of the jersey (or some form of the nickname like "A's" for the Athletics is acceptable). There must also be some continunity present with the primary road uniform. Pants must be the same color as the jersey. The primary road uniform must be a primary team color that does not follow the rules for a base color of a home uniform. The pants must be a different color than the jersey. Primary road uniforms must display the team's city name across the front of the jersey. There must also be some continunity present with the primary home uniform.

The alternate home uniforms must follow the same rules for a home uniform in that it must be pure white, off-white, or follow what we would consider the rule for a road uniform in real life (optional pinstripes). This includes gray, sand, or powder blue. Must display team nickname across the front of the jersey. The alternate road uniforms must be a secondary team color that does not follow the rules for a base color of a home uniform. Alternate road uniforms must display the team's city name across the front of the jersey.

Throwback home uniforms must follow the same rules for a home uniform in that it must be pure white, off-white, or follow what we would consider the rule for a road uniform in real life (optional pinstripes). This includes gray, sand, or powder blue. Must display team nickname across the front of the jersey. There must be a throwback aspect to it in that there needs to be a clear attempt made to include elements that are from the team's past. Throwback road uniforms must display a team color that does not follow the rules for a base color of a home uniform. Throwback road uniforms must display the team's city name across the front of the jersey. There must be a throwback aspect to it in that there needs to be a clear attempt made to include elements that are from the team's past.

Home BP/Practice jerseys must follow the same rules for a home uniform in that it must be pure white, off-white, or follow what we would consider the rule for a road uniform in real life (optional pinstripes). This includes gray, sand, or powder blue. It must display a partial logo on the left side of the chest of the jersey. No scripts allowed. Road BP/Practice jerseys must display a team color that does not follow the rules for a base color of a home uniform. It must display a partial logo on the left side of the chest of the jersey.

Now of course, there are limits to uniforms. Teams are limited to 9 undershirts, 3 long-sleeved undershirts, 9 pants, 3 belts, 3 socks, and 9 hats. Postseason uniforms will be the team's primary home and road. Spring Training will use the BP/Practice uniforms. Finally, all concepts will include some unused applications that were scrapped during the making of the concept. Think of them as director's cuts.

Pittsburgh Pirates:

This one has been in the works for months, but I've never gotten around to finish it. It's still a work in progress, but I think the logo aspect of the concept is done. I made the colors on a very new, bright monitor, so those who have older monitors might see the colors darker than they really are, so I apologize. C&C would be much appreciated. Thank you for viewing! Here are the first 6 logos:

lpit1_zpsbf0a1863.png

Love the new logo and the parrot. Maybe curve the skull with the flag because it looks like it was just pasted on.

Thanks, I actually tried to do that, but I could not get it to come out right. I figured that since the "skull and bats" logo didn't cross the part of the flag that's whipping in the wind, that it wouldn't come off as tacky. Again, thanks for your C&C.

Final six logos (Scripts, uniforms, larger images of each individual logo here, and explanations coming soon):

kpit25_zps1e727a97.png

• 1 month later...

Archived