I just read Pete Rose's book....

habsfannova

....And it was actually somewhat interesting.

Pros: He provides a nice commentary on the events in his baseball and public/private life. He shows how his betting manifested, how is life is afterwards, and an interesting story about his son. Good cautionary tale of prison. The book is ghostwritten very well, and flows nicely. Good pictures.

Cons: My Prison Without Bars took my "Most Arrogant Book" award from Pierre Trudeau's Memoirs. He offers no real reason he left his first wife except that the other woman was attractive. Most of the book is written from the prespective that "I'm perfect, and everyone just hates me becasue of it" tone. Plus, you can't really trust a damn thing he says. He constantly rails about people giving excuses, yet, for his bad behaviour, he constantly goes on about his ADHD.

Anyone else read it?

Shouldn't it be in the FICTION section with Bill Clinton's new autobiography?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

No, but I've heard about the revisionist history in the book.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Its 900 pages its a tad ridicuolous, no matter wehat he is only gonna be from his own perspective but 900 pages, I dont even want to read a 900 page book written by Ronald Reagan.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Its 900 pages its a tad ridicuolous, no matter wehat he is only gonna be from his own perspective but 900 pages, I dont even want to read a 900 page book written by Ronald Reagan.

I agree, actually. I mean, most auto's are only about 300-600 pages. ONly book I've ever read more then 900 was The Stand.

Wahtever you think about Clinton 900 pages is not good it makes him like kinds selfcentered, and I heard reviews from LIBERALS that said its like his 1988 Convention speach which was a disaster.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived