Fantasy College Football Logo

johnrafael

Hello people.

I'm joining a Fantasy University Football League, and my creation are The Crusaders of The University of Saint Michael Archangel.

First, I created the Seal of University. It was just a "lab", to have a base to the ideas.

T4HooIX.png

Then, with the concept in mind (St. Michael, Prince of Heavenly Army, Defeating the Devil), I created this logo.

jb2sOyT.png

The concept blend the Sword with Archangel Wings. The University Seal appears inside the guard of the sword.

I would consider changing the thickness of either the sword blade or the handle so that they are not the same.

Right now, my first thought was pointy baseball bat.

I also think the detail in the university seal gets lost because it is so small.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I think the concept is very good, but needs refinement.

The handle/blade thickness should be different. I'd also like to see something that distinguishes the separation of the blade and handle (such as the handle having an easier to see "grip" of some sort). I agree that the seal on the pommel loses a lot of detail, however, I'm not sure what you could put there in it's place.

On the positives: I love the color scheme with the multiple shades of gold, and a very complimentary green.The wings coming off the pommel are great, not too much detail, so it can stand on it's own.

I'm on board with this, and looking forward to any changes you may make.

I would drop the "U" from the USMA wordmark... it's the same initials as United States Military Academy (i.e. Army).

That sword looks like it would look pretty cool on a football helmet, if you used it as a center stripe.

I would drop the "U" from the USMA wordmark... it's the same initials as United States Military Academy (i.e. Army).

That sword looks like it would look pretty cool on a football helmet, if you used it as a center stripe.

This league has no relationship with the NCAA, then I see no need to change.
How to use the sword as a stripe on the helmet is a good idea. Just do not know how to apply it in the photorealistic templates.
H5p03aS.png

Archived