Fantasy Football All-Play Format

JackieMoon

Has anyone on here ever played in an All-Play League before? Our league tried this for the first time this season and it seemed to be a huge hit with all the owners. We set our 11-team league up to where each week you play 10 games (against every other team). Our Victory Points are set up like the old NHL: 2 pts for a win, 1 pt for a tie, and 0 for a loss. Out of our 12-week Regular Season the whole league finished 1-11 the same way as the fantasy points total.

If anyone has used this, how or did you use playoffs? In ours we split it into two playoff brackets. The top 6 go to a Championship Bracket and the bottom 5 go to a Consolation Bracket. Within these each week it is all-play again. After 4 weeks whoever has the best record wins the Championship Bracket and other teams place 2-6. In the Consolation Bracket whoever wins get the 1st Pick in next year's draft and so on places 2-5 receiving picks 2-5.

In the couple leagues I have seen online they didn't even use a playoff system. Instead they just played straight Premier League style Weeks 1-17.

Not a spam thread, just getting everyone's input who uses/has thought about using this system in their fantasy football league.

I never really thought about doing it that way, though I kind of like it. It's a decent twist on the traditional format, since you have to compete against everyone, not just a particular opponent that week. I guess the playoffs could be up for more of a format change, but I guess you'd have to stick with the All-Play style for it to make the most sense.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Interesting idea, but....

The main reason why I play Fantasy Football is for year-long bragging rights over my friends. The championship is obviously coveted, but beating your friends tastes almost as sweet. It's like college football in that there's some managers I play once each season, and these matchups even have established annual dates.

Playing everyone every week just wouldn't be as fun, I believe. It'd be a more accurate assessment of your team, but part of the allure of fantasy sports is the agony of scoring a lot of points but suffering a close loss, or pulling out a win when your team had a lousy week.

The only way I could see H2H being cool is if there is some way you can play defense with your players (aka taking points away from the other team). That way the games would have more meaning. But, I liked the All-Play and I miss H2H. Possibly just straight Victory Points League?

Archived