Hand drawn New York Giants tweak

Although, for the most part, I don't watch the NFL, it had always bothered me the the home jersey has no red while the away jersey is devoid of blue. So, while I continue to suffer from a designers version of writers block for my baseball thread, I decided to give the away a try.

image_zpsaf2b3fa5.jpg

What do you think?

The honest reason why I only did the away uniform is the football template that I'm trying out takes along time to draw... I'll start working on the home but I'm going to take my time on that.

Also, does football not allow contrasting belts?

not terrible hand drawn. but don't post that on here. unless you are willing to take harsh criticism and willing to update your concepts

Honestly, don't start throwing that out there. There are plenty of hand drawn concepts on these boards that are great to follow.

I personally think he did a pretty damn good job here for a hand drawn. YOu need a steady hand for this and he did pretty good. This sort of reminds me of their 2002 look. It's not bad, but I don't think it's their best look. But I know how you feel about their away jersey. Their uniforms always bugged me with their most recent update.

Great start, I'd like to see other hand drawn ones from other sports if you have the time and want to take a tackle at it. I'd say work with a sharper point for the outline and details so you have more precise areas to color in!

not terrible hand drawn. but don't post that on here. unless you are willing to take harsh criticism and willing to update your concepts

Thanks for the advice, but this is my second concept thread, and I can take it. Football isn't my area anyway, but I thought I should go ahead and make myself a reference template like I have (for myself) for baseball and then I figured I would use it and try to tweak the Giants.

Also, if I remember right, you are the one who put out that horrible Clemson "concept", this is merely taking what the Giants already have and (hopefully) trying to improve it.

Thanks for the advice, but this is my second concept thread, and I can take it. Football isn't my area anyway, but I thought I should go ahead and make myself a reference template like I have (for myself) for football, and then I figured I would use it and try to tweak the Giants.

Also, if I remember right, you are the one who put out that horrible Clemson "concept", this is merely taking what the Giants already have and (hopefully) trying to improve it.

hahaha yea I did put that clemson uni on here loll. but I changed my response. I apologized.

Honestly, don't start throwing that out there. There are plenty of hand drawn concepts on these boards that are great to follow.

I personally think he did a pretty damn good job here for a hand drawn. YOu need a steady hand for this and he did pretty good. This sort of reminds me of their 2002 look. It's not bad, but I don't think it's their best look. But I know how you feel about their away jersey. Their uniforms always bugged me with their most recent update.

Great start, I'd like to see other hand drawn ones from other sports if you have the time and want to take a tackle at it. I'd say work with a sharper point for the outline and details so you have more precise areas to color in!

Thanks Wonka, with the outlines what I really need is better paper, a better pencil sharper that I can trust won't break my pencils, and better colored pencils that aren't Crayola. My problem is I live in a second world country and I honestly don't know where I can find those things unless I hop on a plane and go to a brutally busy city.

Thanks for the advice, but this is my second concept thread, and I can take it. Football isn't my area anyway, but I thought I should go ahead and make myself a reference template like I have (for myself) for football, and then I figured I would use it and try to tweak the Giants.

hahaha yea I did put that clemson uni on here loll. but I changed my response. I apologized.
Unfortunatly for you I quoted your first response.

Not a bad look, but I like the all blue/white & all red/white better.

Also, I have an idea for your hand drawn template. If you do not consider/ can't learn an editing software, this is what you need to do:

- draw a really nice version of your template (completely blank) with dark, thick lines

- run it through your scanner. Now a days a lot of printers have scanners, if not you could probably take it to your library or at worst kinkos

- then print out the scanned version, and make as many copies as you need

This way you have a nice template to use, and you don't have to draw it every time. Plus it will look much, much better

Also, I have an idea for your hand drawn template. If you do not consider/ can't learn an editing software, this is what you need to do:

- draw a really nice version of your template (completely blank) with dark, thick lines

- run it through your scanner. Now a days a lot of printers have scanners, if not you could probably take it to your library or at worst kinkos

This way you have a nice template to use, and you don't have to draw it every time. Plus it will look much, much better

That's a great idea that I've honestly never thought about. I only have a phone, which makes learn editing software almost impossible, and I have tried in the past, but teaching myself is a little difficult. I'll see if I can do it here, but as I've said above I live in a second world country at the moment, things are inconsistent and difficult to come by. If I can't copy my templates now I can always do it when I go back to the US in a year or so.

That's a great idea that I've honestly never thought about. I only have a phone, which makes learn editing software almost impossible, and I have tried in the past, but teaching myself is a little difficult. I'll see if I can do it here, but as I've said above I live in a second world country at the moment, things are inconsistent and difficult to come by. If I can't copy my templates now I can always do it when I go back to the US in a year or so.

I completely understand.

But I didn't realize you didn't live in America/Canada where most people on these boards live. If it's alright, may I ask you which country you are living in at the moment? Just interested haha

I completely understand.

But I didn't realize you didn't live in America/Canada where most people on these boards live. If it's alright, may I ask you which country you are living in at the moment? Just interested haha

The Philippines, disaster relief from Typhoon Yolanda. I'm actually 17, so I came with my parents who are actually working here.

I completely understand.

The Philippines, disaster relief from Typhoon Yolanda. I'm actually 17, so I came with my parents who are actually working here.

Oh ok. I'm 16 so I'm pretty close to your age, hope you have a safe time in the Philippines and a safe trip back to the U.S.

I completely understand.

Oh ok. I'm 16 so I'm pretty close to your age, hope you have a safe time in the Philippines and a safe trip back to the U.S.

hey man i give you major props. i had no idea you were at the type of disadvantage with technology. Keep doing you man. And lol I'm 15.

image_zpsa7009809.jpg

And here is the home. I noticed the number is way off centered and I'm sorry about that. I actually like the current blue but for the sake of consistency I tried adding red. I forgot to mention that the striping pattern on the pants goes red-white-thick blue stripe-white-red.

This is my first football concept and I have to say I'm more proud of the template then the tweak. If I do anymore football, they're likely to be college, as there is more freedom and I honestly don't watch enough NFL or know enough about the uniform to make a full concept.

EDIT: actually maybe it's the NY that makes the number look more off centered than it actually is, both are off

Archived